Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Engine mounts questions (sort of related to DC5R)

I was looking at the websites of both Hasport (62a) and Innovative (60a) in regards to engine mounts for the DC5R (I think I may need to change mine? I'm hearing a knocking sound coming from the the driver side, and researched in the forums that DC5R mounts are weak and prone to breaking under repeated spirited driving?), and I was wondering:

1) Why do the kits come with the right, left and rear mounts but not the fronts? Do the fronts need to purchased separately? Innovative has the fronts listed separately from the kit but Hasport doesn't have the fronts listed at all.

2) Is there an advantage in choosing billet over steel mounts (or vice-versa)?

3) If I indeed do need to replace my mounts (I'll probably buy from US ebay because of our strong dollar), should it matter that their RSX is LHD and our DC5 is RHD? I can still use their mounts right? Just flip right and left around?

Very noob questions but I need to know
    DC5R

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Was in the same situation as you a year ago it was a huge headache lol

1) For some reason the fronts were usually sold separately to the rest no idea why (kinda stupid marketing strategy i guess) but at the time i was looking there was a promotion were the fronts that came aswell with the kit but not sure if that is still going or not, i think you're going to have to get them separately but i remember the front mount alone was a rip off price at the time possibly check clubrsx should be available there but in the end i think you'd have to get it separately

2) Billet is just a overall better and stronger material then the steel mounts, probably the same scenario when your buying a lip if you compare
    ABS plastic with fibreglass that would probably be a similar situation, billet being the more expensive of the two it's better quality and more durable as compared to steel i think unless your going to be tracking your car alot then billet is probably a better solution or maybe looking for the trackspec mounts (75A~ i think) where as if its just for a daily driver then 60A steel should be fine, nonetheless both of them will get the job done just different to their own purpose!

3) It should be fine don't see any reason why it won't work but its probably best to get in contact with someone who knows what they're doing to confirm

Hope this helps mate!

With any stiffer aftermarket mounts on the dc5 or ep3 - you can run just 3 mounts with no issue. Ive been doing it for half a year no problems