• Stock

14 42.42%
  • Cannon

9 27.27%
  • Twintip

10 30.30%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Put forth your opinion regarding muffler style on a teg

Haven't seen many tegs around running the twintip and i know a lot of OH boys dislike the cannon due to the rice factor. Just wanna get a feel of what the general consensus is: stock, cannon or twintip. I've had all 3 on my car so i'll just put some pics up for comparison

Stock:

Cannon:

Twintip:

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    twin tip looks good for sure.

Who cares what everyone else thinks but.

Ive said it before, but who pays for all the parts? Who pays rego and puts fuel in the car? Who looks at it everyday? Who drives it? Its you, not ozhonda, not the internet. Put on whatever you think looks best, and whatever sounds the best, the one you can live with as a daily.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i like Twinloops the best on Dc2 - but like Trism said - its your car - do what you want! =D

Last edited by TheSaint; 26-04-2011 at 05:01 PM.
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

^ i've already decided i'm going stock. im just curious to see what other people like. out of the 3 options, twinloop would be closest to 'stock' yeah? just minus the ugly fkn tub thing

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    twinloops are quiet like stock, but are heaps less of a restriction
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Agree to the max with twinloop, but it wasn't an option so I picked twin tip.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Twinloop. Subtle.

No surprise cannon has 0 votes. I do like twintip look but it's way too loud for my taste. I only had it on for driving around the block 2 minutes around 6 hours ago and my ears still aching. Definetely taking it off tomorrow before i go deaf. I'll probably run stock until i can find a well priced twinloop. I've always wanted a mugen twinloop but haven't come across one i can afford. Heard the xforce twinloop goes funny after a lil while

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    one of my mates run twin cannons lol, crazy, an loud! but imo, the slant angle cannon doesnt suit the look atm, when its slammed, it look hot! and if the piping runs under the subframe, not over the control arm, even better, straight through ftw! LOL

Id definite go cannon! im running one, sure it does get noisey, on long drives, an attracts the wrong attention, but dam it, i love the sound!

seriously, if ur worried about sound pollution go twin loop, or if looking for more grunt, i know its not on the list, but definite stick to aftermarket oval muffler

Just remember that, if u do ever get epa letter, the noise test is 90DB and done at 5000rpm, so no a twinloop wont even pass it! my stock system put out 85db! just a heads up
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    one of my mates run twin cannons lol, crazy, an loud! but imo, the slant angle cannon doesnt suit the look atm, when its slammed, it look hot! and if the piping runs under the subframe, not over the control arm, even better, straight through ftw! LOL

Id definite go cannon! im running one, sure it does get noisey, on long drives, an attracts the wrong attention, but dam it, i love the sound!

seriously, if ur worried about sound pollution go twin loop, or if looking for more grunt, i know its not on the list, but definite stick to aftermarket oval muffler

Just remember that, if u do ever get epa letter, the noise test is 90DB and done at 5000rpm, so no a twinloop wont even pass it! my stock system put out 85db! just a heads up
    Your mate tryin to be the next BKDFKP? lol what do you mean by more 'grunt'? cannon don't get you the ladies man, they may turn their head but their face turn ^_-

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    my stock exhaust on Dc2 VTIR came in at 85 at 5000 and 100 at redline - vtec yo lawl

out of all the exhausts i have had the stock Dc2 with Fujita CAI was probably my fav
    i had a mugen catback ready to put on but never got the chance

and yes the xforce twinloops do drone a bit after about 12months - im looking to replace mine now - but it only cost me $40 so meh lol

OBX are a crap brand but apparently their twinloop isnt bad - might be worth a look

i only like canons on turbo cars =p
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Is the sound of induction with a injen/jufita CAI similar to taking airbox off? I'm running a K&N drop in filter with lid off and it sounds pretty schick