Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    Yeh...Can't really argue much since their foreman took it home as a test drive under normal conditions. They said it was running fine although they felt some vibrations at around 70km/h so they're checking the brake lining or something.
    God, sucks not having a car.
    But at least i got a replacement battery

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 CL9 Euro Lux
    best thing is to just let the dealer handle with it, or i think you have a 24 hr cooling off period within your contract but im not sure if that applies once you take it off the lot..

it pays to always do a revs check these days ..

being a repairable write off / flood damage doesnt always mean its bad.

sometimes cars get written off as flood damage ... even though it has only been rained heavilly and hailed upon...

its only when you have the half cuts joined together when you really see a problem or something thats heavilly worked on !!!!

nonetheless, the 3month 5000km dealer warranty standard here in qld should haver something similar to you and hence use it to your full ability as this is what its made for ! g. luck !

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Didn't you get your own mechanic to do a check on the car before you took delivery?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    EuroLux09Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Sorry for double post, Would they still respect the warranty if i get it checked out by my mechanic to find if there are any additional faults?
    My understanding is that emergency replacements due to a warranty failure are covered, but I would never undertake it without authorisation from Honda. It happened to me with a Toyota vehicle several years ago - car lost all power driving up a mountainside. Ended up getting an interim check and repair at a mechanic at the top of the mountain (barely got there) and then limped 100km to Brisbane City Toyota - ended up with a new automatic transmission and refund of my expenses at the top of the mountain.

Regards
    Warren

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    Thx for all the help.
    Got my car back with a new battery, fixed the central locking they even refitted the caliper because the foreman found vibrations while driving 60-70km/s.
    All under warranty, was great!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro Lux
    The dealer is obliged to fix all material faults within 3 months of purchase by law. Check the office of fair trading website for information and if you have any probems give the OFT a call. Sounds like you're sorted tho so that's good. I had the exact same issue with front left door lock actuator with mine when I bought it from a dealer and they fixed it.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    I doubt a weak battery cause the problem but if they give you a new battery, why not? if the problem occurs again, get them to fix it again and you still have a new battery.

Well after a month, guess it happened again (almost) car went hell weak (or died) then revived itself? but engine light, VSA, ABS, VSA (off light) and handbrake light came on...

turned it off then back on minutes later, was perfectly fine... regardless, took it to the dealers again. guess we'll see what their verdict is...

wonky 6-7 year old alternator perhaps?

how much for the actuator? I need couple for my euro
    www.waez.com.au
    2011 first OzHonda nationals October 10 Wakefield park

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by k24 View Post
    Honda dealer: hundreds of dollars
    Ebay: 50 bucks.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by k24 View Post
    Yeh on the sheet they gave me, they whiteout-ed the prices since it was covered under warranty but of course you can still tell lol
    The actuator they charged was ~$133. Battery was ~$130
    Last edited by Lazarus; 09-06-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    So..got my car back, and they said nothing was wrong with the actuator.
    They checked with HDS and found fault code:
    P0685 ECM/PCM Internal Circuit Malfunction.

They just reseted the ECU and apparently it was fine.

So...idk not much left, just praying that it doesn't happen again i suppose.

But if anyone can shed some light on that error code, would be fantastic.