Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Enkei NT03+M on DC5R - Thoughts?

Hey all,

Im trying to decide on what wheels to get for my DC5R, there are so many options out there its crazy. Every time I think ive made up my mind, I change it lol. Anyways, I think ive got it down to this:

in 18x8.5, +38 offset, on this car (not my actual car, but looks the same):

Car is currently lowered on Buddyclub N+, has Buddyclub rear camber arms and Whiteline front camber bolts. Also has rear guards rolled. Looking to re-use my Pirellis that are on my current rim, as theyre also an 18", 235 wide, and are still like new.

What are peoples thoughts? I know its my car and its up to me etc etc but some people have a better eye for these things in being able to predict how the car would look.

Cheers.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Burak ran NT03's on his type S for a while... they were 17's. Looked ok. But personally I've never been a fan of them.

235/40 (I assume) should be fine on them.

Offset isn't very aggressive... if anything boardering weak. Personally I would look for something closer to 30 (Give or take) as then you'll get the best mix of performance and look. And yes, -10mm of offset (Goign from +38 to +28-30) is going to make a big difference in performance.

P.S. I think you posted the wrong pic of a car with them on (Looks like a stock JDM DC5R driving)
    Last edited by 45SET; 28-04-2011 at 02:00 PM.

+38 is the most aggressive they come with. So if thats the case, should I look at a 9 or 9.5" wide rim instead of the 8.5"? Then the 235s will get a bit of stretch too

I dont mind the latest version of the NT03+M, they have a little bit of a lip on them compared to the older ones. At the hardtuned meet the other night there was a silver FD RX7 that was running them and they looked sweet as!

And I dont think it matters too much whether its a JDM DC5R or AUDM... You get the picture, its an Arctic Blue DC5R lol
    Last edited by Nuci; 28-04-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    18x9+38 is alright... again, still weak. 9.5 with such a high offset is going to hit something for sure. I ran 17x9.5 +35 on the front of my car, and I swear it was mm's away from the struts!

Wow... just looked at the sizes and widths (I mean size & width) they offer...

You aren't going to get as much stretch as that RX7 has running a 40/235 on a 8.5 or 9 rim.

Personally I would be looking at something else, because I wouldn't be happy with the way they look (And I don't like the NT-03's). I know "fitment" isn't everything, but getting a rim to sit "flush" just sets the look off.

I thought the picture of the blue DC5R was meant to be an example of what the NT03's looked like on a DC5.

The PF01 is a nice looking rim, and then come in a 18x8.5 +30
    Last edited by 45SET; 28-04-2011 at 03:48 PM.

I just like the design of the multispoke rims. I was also looking at Work Emotion 11R's and SSR Type F's, but the Works are a bit common and the SSRs are just too far out of my budget. The stretch i'm not overly concerned about, just a subtle stretch would be good, since its my daily. I can get a set landed here from the states for 1400. Thats cheap as. So many options! I could go crazy picking rims, but the NT03 is within my budget and i think will look good on a blue DC5R, better than the FN2R rims i'm running atm.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Nt03 is only nice in their original silver. If i wwre to buy wheels.. It will definiately be nt03 or re30.

Yeah i'd be getting the silver too. Looks schmick when theyre kept clean.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    They're a nice looking wheel, definitely. I think they'd look great.

Just look at that RX-7... One of the nicest examples I've seen. Just perfect... Even if I'd prefer it spoilerless. Is that a factory facelift, or an aftermarket front bar?
    Last edited by Indie; 28-04-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Looks great IMO. Do it, do it, do it!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    You need offset similar to this.

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla AE92
    ..in this colour

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    Perry beat me to it!! Go X9 or don't buy these, concave starts at X9, anything under this wont have lip and will look flat. ^^Godamn those look hot