Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux

2005 Euro SRS Control Module Replacement

Hello all,

This is my first post here after having been a reader of this site for some time. I have just been told that my 2005 Accord Euro Luxury can not pass rego because of the airbag warning light. I took the car to Honda and they say it's a fault in the SRS Control Module, which will need to be replaced.

They have quoted around $750 for parts alone - does this sound about right? Is there somewhere I could get one cheaper (a new and genuine part) that I could then have Honda install, or is the Honda price negotiable?

I did a search but couldn't find anything that specifically answered my questions.

Thanks for any replies.
    Gareth

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Hit a wrecker, and see if you can get second hand.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    If it's from honda it's gonna be expensive. You won't beable to get a new genuine part from anywhere else. You could always get one from a wreckers an get somewhere else to install it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies - in the end I decided just to suck it up and pay for the new part. It sucks that it's so expensive, but I'd rather be safe than sorry when it comes to the airbags!

Thanks again for the help.
    Gareth