Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HID Fog lights

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    damnnnnn
    looks nice!
    never really had the use for foglights..since it rarely fogs here too...i do use them during the heavy downpour of rain though

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Im in waiting for the cheap ebay 6000k xenon globe, it not for my Euro, it for my old man car his drive alot in the country road. Will post result when it arrive, if it good then will consider replacing the Euro foggi, but if you really want I recommend goin Hid convertion get the cheap 1 on ebay. I have no problem with it for year, that everyday use..

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

any issues with getting the luxury headlights installed to the base model?

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    That looks more 4300K then anything.. Definitely not 12000k, not even 6000K.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by tiksie View Post
    That looks more 4300K then anything.. Definitely not 12000k, not even 6000K.
    where did u look?

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    i have the mtec 4750K fog bulbs..mainly just to match with my HID's. whiter light and useless in fog lol. the more yellow the light the more helpful in fog
    Mods: Pioneer Double DIN GPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Buddyclub N+ Spec, Topspeed Headers, Skunk2 Catback Exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Lux
    i got 30000k for my foglights

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    HID are a bad idea for fog lights. There are 2 reason for this:
    1. HID are much brighter than your halogen bulbs, and fog lights are designed for a wide but short throw. By putting HID in to your foggies, you're basically blinding drivers coming your way, which will be annoying to others and potentially dangerous for you.
    2. When you do actually drive in fog, you'll find it (the fog) bloody reflective. Add in the fact that a whiter/bluer/purple light less you see less in the fog/rain compared to 3000k, and the end result is fog lights you would NOT use in the fog, as all they would do would be blind you and NOT provide any more vision.

I understand why you would though, from an aesthetic point of view. If you must, stick with 35w bulbs or consider LED. LEDs arn't as bright as HID, but then, you going to a cooler colour temp meant that you didn't really care about the extra visibility provided by your foggies in the first place, so this point is mute.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Price to fit OED fog lights

Hi, All

I'll probably feel the lash from the Moderator for possibly posting off-topic, but here goes:

Anybody from Sydney or Newcstle know how much Honda dealers charge for labour to fit genuine Accord Euro foglights.

I've been offered a kit at quite a discount and, though I used foggies once during fog in my Civic, I feel they would enhance the look of the Euro.

I did find with the Civic foglights that they filled in the dark spot between the car and the light pattern, when on low beam. Very handy for negotiating dark corners. But, we all know how magnificent are the lights on the Euro for illuminating the gutter.

CHEERS
    NOEL