Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wheel alignment question

hey guys just a quickie,

When im driving and i leave the steering wheel straight its will slightly tilt to the left and thus eventually the car will slowly steer to the left

Didn't change suspension or anything just happened randomly after starting car again,
    will this issue be fixed with a quick wheel alignment or is there something more?
    haven't wheel aligned it since getting the car not sure how long its been since its had 1

I have coilovers on the car if that helps but its perfectly fine drove the car today and was ok only now i realised its tilting,

any help will be appreciated guys

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    did you align it when you put the coilovers in? if so how long ago?
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    Lil' 4 cylinder
    Alignment can be change while driving due to potholes etc
    Best bet is to get the an alignment done soon.

How can an alignment change from potholes? The tierods don't wind themselves in/out and if the bolts are tight, then the eccentrics can't turn. The only way it could change is if something got bent, which is unlikely from a pothole if your suspension is working right.

It may be just the camber of the road. Try it on a nice flat freeway or something and see if it still does it.

Was just about to mention about the road too. Roads are never perfect so if it steers off a bit to either directions it should be fine. If you're very paranoid then go get it done again.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Check the front left tyre to make sure its not leaking any air and make sure the pressure is the same as all others, happened to me ages ago turns out the value cap on the front left tyre was loose and constantly but SLOWLY letting out air

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Cross fall of the road. Road always slants to the left for drainage and WILL cause the car to drift/turn to the left slightly.
    Deano.

After getting it checked up it was indeed the tyre pressure in the left wheel lol seems the valve cap on the tyre was really loose and almost about to fall off and was letting all the air out when i checked the front left tyre on the tyre pressure thing it had about 4psi in it but the other 3 tyres were on about 34 lol

Drives nicely again now always straight as gold, thanks for that guys

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    DLO01 has a very good point.

Valve cover shouldn't let air out - it just stops dirt getting in! Check for leaks! However you should always check your pressure, even fortnightly when you re-fill.

If you put coilovers on your car lately you will need alignment if you tightened suspension components without load.

Alignment should be done 6-monthly anyway. As mentioned above, potholes and road inconsistencies will cause your vehicle to lose it's alignment over time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    And if you're running a car lowered the change in camber of your wheels will sometimes drag you either way depending on the road.

Some sydney roads my car gets pulled to the left, sometimes to road if the road is in a bad condition.

stance > fenders

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Funnily enough the exact same thing is happening to me. Except...

I just had my wheel alignment done... Twice at that (had to send it back cause the fist alignment was done poorly)

An it's still slightly pulling to the left. Even after alignment and air pressure checks.

My suggestion... Don't go for the cheap alignment.. Go to a proper suspension place, alignment ranges from $65-125... There's getting it done and then therein getting it done properly.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    Cross fall of the road. Road always slants to the left for drainage and WILL cause the car to drift/turn to the left slightly.
    Not for an oversteer chassis. They'll steer to the right! (Yes, up the hill!)
    I have signatures turned off