Member Array
    Car:
    EG

FD Coilovers > FN2R?

Hey guys, I'm looking to purchase a set of Pedders Coilovers, but i've got a question that i was hoping you guys could help me answer;

I called Pedders in South Melbourne, and they said they had coilovers for the FD civic, but weren't sure whether it'll fit the FN2R.

So that's my question to you, will it fit? Better yet has anyone had any experience with the Pedders coilovers?

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    highly doubt. Chassis of both cars aren't remotely similar
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, AP1
    ^^^^^ 100% correct. the fn2 and fd2 uses totally different rear suspension setup, that being the fn2 with a torsion beam setup and the fd2 with independent rear suspension.

Member Array
    Car:
    CW FN2R
    FD2 suspension will NOT fit the FN2!

Member Array
    Car:
    nsx
    If you are fitting the suspension on the FN2, the FD2 fronts will not fit, but the rears will. The front bottom camber 2-bolt pattern on the front macpherson strut is different. How I know? I have worked on this changeover 2 yrs ago from FD2 to FN2.

Member Array
    Car:
    nsx

re: almost the same actually but get the proper ones made for FN2!!

If you are fitting the suspension on the FN2, the FD2 fronts will not fit, but the rears will. The front bottom camber 2-bolt pattern on the front macpherson strut is different. Other than that everything else is the same. Have tried machining the aftermarket legs to fit, and the FD2 coilovers do fit in after that, but this I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS!

How I know? I have worked on this changeover 2 yrs ago from FD2 to FN2. Any more details, you can PM me or email me at mao@evolution-r.com.au Will be happy to lend a hand ot provide any info you need.