Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro

help to drop engine ir no

Hey guys
    Need information!!!! I'm currently doing my clutch but having a problem do i have to drop the engine to get room to work with the gearbox or i dont have to drop the engine anyone done their clutch before gimme information please... There probably a thread all ready but my phone net is slow to search..

Cheers
    Last edited by SuperCOW; 03-05-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCOW View Post
    Hey guys
    Need information!!!! I'm currently doing my clutch but having a problem do i have to drop the engine to get room to work with the gearbox or i dont have to drop the engine anyone done their clutch before gimme information please... There probably a thread all ready but my phone net is slow to search..

Cheers
    Fairly certain you have to drop the engine and gearbox also the subframe.I do know it's a big job!!Not for the faint hearted.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Yea you gotta drop the subframe. My mechanic said never bring the car for another clutch change lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    It took my mechanic a full day to do the exhaust it is a massive job. I asked if i could've done it. He said "the only way anyone could do it is if they hard a car lift no matter their ability. if you dont it will take u 6 months.

It's hard enough to take the freaken oil filter off in our cars if its tight due to the stupid positioning i wouldnt even attempt to tackle the gearbox

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    there are a **** to do, however if you have the right tools and you can move the gearbox away from the engine and you just have enough room to get the clutch but you need a cluch aligning tool to line it up pretty tricky but you can do it without removeing the subfram just the box will be in the way