Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DC5 dyno run

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE S

Cool DC5 dyno run

hey guys
    i recently just had a dyno run on my IT-S and honestly was expecting more hp out of my car. so i just want to know if anyone else out there has done a dyno run that i can compare. im also interested in the difference in power between type r and type s at the current time taking into considerations loss of power through age of the car.
    im looking for a comparison between the integra DC5 type r and type s dyno run.
    so just provide the mods done to the car and most importantly the hp atw.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    What mods do you have and what did your car pull ATW?

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    a standard dc5r should make about 110kw at the treads, im guessing a type s should be about 115kw?

every dyno is different though.

What did yours make?

Mine makes 190hp at the wheels with race header, catback, mugen intake and kpro. Don't expect huge power from your dc5, NA engines such as the k-series engines are notoriously hard to extract power from. Because the of the quality of oem parts used, big $$$ have to be spent for relatively small gains compared to say an rb25 or 2jz. While power mods are always good, you should make an effort to save weight wherever you can. Lighter exhaust, rims, remove unnecessary interior, etc. All these things add up. Most powerful NA DC5 I've seen in real life made just under 200kw atw. Might not sound like much but it is a hugely quick car. 140 kw and you'll be giving most stockish turbos a run for their money
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuci View Post
    Mine makes 190hp at the wheels with race header, catback, mugen intake and kpro. Don't expect huge power from your dc5, NA engines such as the k-series engines are notoriously hard to extract power from. Because the of the quality of oem parts used, big $$$ have to be spent for relatively small gains compared to say an rb25 or 2jz. While power mods are always good, you should make an effort to save weight wherever you can. Lighter exhaust, rims, remove unnecessary interior, etc. All these things add up. Most powerful NA DC5 I've seen in real life made just under 200kw atw. Might not sound like much but it is a hugely quick car. 140 kw and you'll be giving most stockish turbos a run for their money
    Not really my its with i/h/e beat a stockish wrx at 3 consecutive lights

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuci View Post
    Just wondering, why do you also say "190HP"? We use KW in Australia, so your car makes 140kw... which is about on par for those mods.

Agree that a Honda with 200kw ATW can be a very quick car... I know of a few cars in Brisbane making less power, and running 12's.

Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    Not really my its with i/h/e beat a stockish wrx at 3 consecutive lights
    Agree with this. I/H/E/untuned K-pro beat a Evo x MR (So paddel shift).

OT: The thread is fairly pointless for a few reasons:
    1: You haven't listed what you got on the dyno
    2: You haven't listed what mods you have
    3: ALL Dyno's are different, and they should only be used as a tuning tool. What somebody gets in Brisbane is going to be different to what someone is going to gets in Sydney with the same mods..
    Last edited by 45SET; 04-05-2011 at 10:08 AM.

LOL at hondas beating evos/wrxs at the lights...

Every dyno is different and lots of factors to consider when comparing dyno graphs.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Robi's
    Step
    3 said it all.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Quote Originally Posted by seihoa View Post
    LOL at hondas beating evos/wrxs at the lights...
    Jelly?

FWD has no chance at the lights againist an awd launch.

Last edited by seihoa; 04-05-2011 at 11:54 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    All 'bout throttle controlllll!!!

(Nice pic)

Throttle control can only do so much.

Oh yeah, noticed the evo X is paddle shift. Is there a launch control on it? Anyways i still think a evo X will smash a dc5 with basic mods even without a launch.

But i guess your dc5 might have a freak motor =D

Back to topic now.