Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by dee-y View Post
    Indeed! I'm open to options around 500 bucks.

Already contacted them, he said no lol
    Try this... TSUDO, bit more ricy looking... tho

Sound like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suTgHFPLKoE

Otherwise it's Skunk2 for $888 shipped form heeltoe.... pricey
    Last edited by Fredoops; 05-05-2011 at 07:53 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    What I meant was for The WS2 price there are alot more options out there. I would have loved to have gotten a cat back for $500

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by white_ep3_civic View Post
    What I meant was for The WS2 price there are alot more options out there. I would have loved to have gotten a cat back for $500
    see my above post, the TSUDO is $270 + shipping.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Try this... TSUDO, bit more ricy looking... tho

Sound like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suTgHFPLKoE

Otherwise it's Skunk2 for $888 shipped form heeltoe.... pricey
    That TSUDO seems alright. Might get shipping costs. Might check the U.S forums as well.
    Last edited by dee-y; 05-05-2011 at 10:13 PM.
    Comment, rate my beats!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/deewhy88

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by dee-y View Post
    That TSUDO seems alright. Might get shipping costs. Might check the U.S forums as well.
    might as well get a highflow cat while you are at it to get a few more HP.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9
    Apparently it's quite loud.

Hmm would like to lol, maybe later though.
    Comment, rate my beats!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/deewhy88

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

I spoke to Rob Bliss himself, who has been in the exhaust game for over 30 years now, and now that you guys have said this, I really don't know what to believe hahaha.

Cheers anyway guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by 05accordeuro View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

I spoke to Rob Bliss himself, who has been in the exhaust game for over 30 years now, and now that you guys have said this, I really don't know what to believe hahaha.

Cheers anyway guys!
    Well 30 years ago there are no such things as ECU, Fuel Mapping, or VTEC. Time/Technology had moved on.
    To be honest, if you show up to your local exhaust shop with an import, if it's not a WRX... they'll always just try to sell you mufflers, because the Australian tuning scene for the Euro is limited, most shops locally simply don't have the products to sell you, so they go for the generic/universal parts (mufflers)

And its the common consensus on the board I/H/E do give power gains. Its up to your budget and what you want, if you just want noise then mufflers will do.

Otherwise, you'd be suprised how much sound a CAI/Header/Cat combo can make even on a standard exhaust, and it's a deep sound too.

Quote Originally Posted by dee-y
    Apparently it's quite loud.

Hmm would like to lol, maybe later though.
    Isnt there a silencer thingy on the Tsudo? However loud it is, if you have a CAI, the CAI will drown out most of the exhaust noise by the time you hit 5k RPM lol
    Last edited by Fredoops; 05-05-2011 at 11:01 PM.

It seems like theres a bang for buck thing going on here. Dont get me wrong, saving money is great, but is also dangerous. I would NEVER put a $250 catback on my car. Why? The welds will be rubbish and will crack. The materials will be rubbish and will discolour. The flanges wont line up properly and when you fit it to the car, it wont fit right. Guarantee it. And once the thing falls to pieces after a year, youre up for another one. Do it once, do it right. Use parts that have had years of R&D put into them, not one made from cheapo stainless in a warehouse in China. Theyre cheap for a reason. If youre not prepared to pay the money for a decent prefab like Buddy Club or Skunk2, go custom. If its just sound you want, get the resonators removed. Rob Bliss will only charge you 100-150 max.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I had the same perception about brand name products, until I had a look on the TSX forums in the states, when the supposedly cheap nasty eBay Chinese crap out lasting the reputable brands. Besides the Tsudo brand above may not be a well known name here but it doesn't mean it's not well known elsewhere.

Higher price doesn't mean guaranteed better and cheap doesn't necessarily mean 'guaranteed' falling apart. Just look at the DC sports header for the TSX, compared to the Japspeed Pro-1 at half the price is out lasting the DC sports, and the welding/fitting is excellent. It's just different profit margins, for all we know skunk2 and Tsudo could be out of the same factory in china or USA or Mexico.

Also, just because it's on eBay doesn't necessarily mean it's made in china, the cost of labour is cheap in the states too so the stuff you buy could well be made in the united states. Just like the set of brake rotors I got recently, made in Carlifornia, slotted and cross drilled for $270 shipped to my door, pretty cheap and is the same if not better than the Aussie RDA's which cost almost twice as much, and RDA is made in China.

And Made in China =\= crap. All your TV's are made there, all your iPad/iPhones are made there too. Get those prejudices outta your system.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 06-05-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    I had the same perception about brand name products, until I had a look on the TSX forums in the states, when the supposedly cheap nasty eBay Chinese crap out lasting the reputable brands. Besides the Tsudo brand above may not be a well known name here but it doesn't mean it's not well known elsewhere.

Higher price doesn't mean guaranteed better and cheap doesn't necessarily mean 'guaranteed' falling apart. Just look at the DC sports header for the TSX, compared to the Japspeed Pro-1 at half the price is out lasting the DC sports, and the welding/fitting is excellent. It's just different profit margins, for all we know skunk2 and Tsudo could be out of the same factory in china or USA or Mexico.

Also, just because it's on eBay doesn't necessarily mean it's made in china, the cost of labour is cheap in the states too so the stuff you buy could well be made in the united states. Just like the set of brake rotors I got recently, made in Carlifornia, slotted and cross drilled for $270 shipped to my door, pretty cheap and is the same if not better than the Aussie RDA's which cost almost twice as much, and RDA is made in China.

And Made in China =\= crap. All your TV's are made there, all your iPad/iPhones are made there too. Get those prejudices outta your system.
    I wouldn't call DC Sports a quality brand... And the quality on the ebay exhausts can't possibly be as good as your Js Racing, Toda, Buddyclub, etc. A company that sells a catback for $250 is either making a loss or manufacturing their parts from scrap metal. And yeah you're right about Chinese parts not necessarily being crap, however, if I wanted someone to make me a car, I'd ask an Italian or a German. If I wanted someone to make me a coffee, i'd ask a frenchman. And if I wanted someone to make me a catback, I'd go Japanese, or maybe US. That's just me and I know not everyone is that way inclined, but these companies build a reputation for researching and track testing their parts, not from some bloke buying a jap catback, taking it home to his shed, and trying his best to copy it. I'd rather buy a quality second hand catback from a brand like fujitsubo than spend the same money on something from eBay I've never heard of. Just in the same way I'd rather buy a second hand honda over a new great wall car.

I don't buy branded parts so I can strut around saying oh all my parts are toda and jun, look at me. I do it because I know their parts are of the best quality. I'm not too sure about the Euros, but for the DC5 at least, you can buy brand new skunk2 and buddyclub catbacks from eBay for 550 plus shipping. IMO that is a steal.

And true your tvs and ipads etc may be made in china, but I guarantee you they're not designed and researched there. Which is what you pay for on branded parts, the time and research that goes into making a quality catback that will do a good job on the car it's designed for, not one that'll do a good enough job for the price. That's my .02 at least.
    Last edited by Nuci; 06-05-2011 at 06:40 AM.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Just gonna chuck in my 2 cents.

Exhausts are designed to get emissions out of a car. However as the euro is for "luxury" it is definatly not the best designed system.

Headers is where it all starts to get the fumes out of the engine bay. If you do nothing to the headers and get the best of a high flow cat and cat back exhaust you will see some gain but nowhere near as much when headers are installed.

If you make the engine get rid of all the exhaust gases efficiently you will be able to gain more power.

A stock header is usually 4-1 where the 4 is only really used due to the engine design and is all put into 1 pipe asap to save costs. With these and the combination of an engines cylinders not firing at the exact time and the exhaust gases not being extracted quickly enough will enable pressure to build up (this is al happening before the cat). So if you ensure the fumes are being extracted efficiently and reduce pressure you will see gains.

Now if you change your cat to a highflow cat it will make a difference and will get the fumes out of the car make them able to be omitted to the atmospher legally all a high flow cat does is does it quicker.

The B-Pipe or catback exhaust has almost nothing to do with an exhaust system except to get the fumes out you can design it anyway you like and can be customised like a mofo and is usually why is cheaper there is no science to it. The only thing that you need to keep in mind is consisty. If you have headers that the pipe drops into a 3" pipe you would not get a anything lower then 3" due to pressure will be backed up and will be pointless in getting headers. If you have a 2" exhaust you can go bigger however if there is no pressure then that is also bad however a bit bigger can reduce pressure and create a more free flowing exhaust which will enable a slight performance gain.

Now the experience with my exhaust. I have 4-2-1 headers the 1 being a 3" pipe going into a highflow cat. I then have a 3" cat back with dual exhausts and 2 resonators inbetween. Mine is nowhere near loud and dont want a loud exhaust. It is designed to increase power with the 4-2-1 headers while still being quiet.

The summary. If you dont get the exhaust fumes out of the engine in the first place the other mods wont do to much.