Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi

What choice bulb for EK hatch?

Hi guys

Currently considering changing my stock crappy bulbs to some nice white/blue bulbs

The Non-HID type.. such as philips crystal/diamond vision

Just wondering what you guys have chosen to replace the stock h4 bulbs in your ek
    civic? and was there much of an improvement in visibility

I'm currently considering the following options:

1. Philips diamond vision 5000k white
    2. Philips diamond vision 4300k
    3. Philips blue vision 4000k
    4. Philips X-treme power

Thanks guys, any feedback appreciated

Member Array
    Car:
    96 EK1 GLi
    I've been running my ek with Crystal Vision 4300k and there is a noticeable difference to stock standard bulbs. I recommend you sticking with 4300k as anything above is only only defective, but also means the light will scatter too much leading to reduce night time visibility. 5000k will only make your headlamps look really bright (or annoyingly bright if I was the driver in front of you!) =p

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    the phillips diamond vision 5000k are blue. There really shit in heavy rain, the road isnt illuminated but theres lights everywhere so its not to hard to c where to go LOL. But ye id stick to 4300k and below.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Thanks guys, much helpful input!

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Go with Xtreme power or Crystal Vision 4300k. Diamond vision 5000k has a blue tinge to it but its weaker and harder to see the lines on the road when its raining.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R
    how much would crystal vision 4300ks set you back? not sure on where to get them and keen for a bulb change also

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    there about $35-$45 depends where u get them.
    Last edited by EK1 Civic; 26-04-2011 at 12:51 AM.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 + Clio 172
    I use Osram Nightbreaker plus. Great improvement on lighting distance. Slightly whiter than OEM and they are fantastic in the rain. Only $25 shipped from UK on ebay.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus_civic View Post
    I use Osram Nightbreaker plus. Great improvement on lighting distance. Slightly whiter than OEM and they are fantastic in the rain. Only $25 shipped from UK on ebay.
    read up on these bulbs
    seems to be a good replacement instead of philips as everyone claims philips only lasts 12months..
    Might give them a go for 25 dollars and if all else fails I'll go HID!

Member Array
    Car:
    96 EK1 GLi
    You can easily get philips bulb on ebay for cheap. Also I've always used philips crystal vision and they've lasted at least 2 years+ for me.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by Ph@t-G View Post
    You can easily get philips bulb on ebay for cheap. Also I've always used philips crystal vision and they've lasted at least 2 years+ for me.
    I'll probably end up getting the crystal vision in 4300k.. just because philips is a more well known brand name and only a few dollars cheaper if that then the no name brand bulbs. Cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    Liberty GTspecB
    i have Blue visions, imo get crystal if you are goign to spend money. Blue is good, but not great
    I used to have a EK sedan
    psn: w-_custer_-w