Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Affordable Mods worth doing to a DC2 ?

Just wanted to ask what are some affordable mods that are WORTH doing to a DC2 ITR ?
    The ITR l bought already has a full cold air intake system and upgraded headers....what else is worth doing to it to give it abit of extra power that doesn't cost a fortune?

Thanks!

'what is you aim with the car?

drag, track, street or you just want a nice power figure? different applications have ideal areas for where the power is and its not always at the peak.
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-

Quote Originally Posted by Cartoon View Post
    'what is you aim with the car?

drag, track, street or you just want a nice power figure? different applications have ideal areas for where the power is and its not always at the peak.

It's just for the street, just want to give it afew extra KW's for abit of fun!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Whats your budget that you want to spend?
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    Whats your budget that you want to spend?
    Probably no more then 1500

for $1500 id do this

injen intake for nice noise
    lightweight flywheel + HD clutch combo

Done. The car will sound nice have nice pickup and be firm for under $1500. Sure - there wont be any more actual power but there will be more useable power !

coilovers will be good, BC or second hand tein can be below ur budget

Weight reduction doesnt cost a cent, and can make quite a difference if done right. I know it can be a bit of an effort, but removing sound deadening, rear seats and plastics if not being used, lighter rims, etc. Cars with low displacement and fairly low torque like the DC2 will respond well to weight saving. You can also pick up a Hondata and have it tuned for 1500 ish if im not wrong??? (Looks at b-series gurus)
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    i would change the original cat to a high flow one biggest restriction on audm dc2rs and mugen twin loop for nice quiet cruising sound
    around 1k there
    rest i would change all fluids in your car

Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    i would change the original cat to a high flow one biggest restriction on audm dc2rs and mugen twin loop for nice quiet cruising sound
    around 1k there
    rest i would change all fluids in your car
    What brand high flow cats are the best to get?

Member Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    lightweight flywheel + HD clutch combo
    Agreed.
    Whatever power you have available will be there, to be used, faster.

Id say go for some sticky tyres. Re001 are good if u do a lot of miles, otherwise if its not driven much go for federal rsr. Tyres will improve your acceleration, braking and cornering, not just straight line performance from more hp. If u have any change left over make sure u are running good quallity oil and ur spark plugs are clean