Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5S

Roadworthy Emissions in NSW

Do workshops in Sydney generally test emissions level during yearly RWC?

If so, what kind of cat do I need to achieve maximum flow while staying within the limit? 100/200 cell?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    no they dont.
    to see all of my build, checkout

gotta love trisms replies lol. couldnt be more to the point.

as for your second question im pretty sure 100cel is the lowest you can go before its illegal
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    why is it that some people tell me you need to go 200 cell to stay under emissions? i mean as long as i have a cat, it's all good right? since there's no way the PoPo can check whether i'm meeting emissions?

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Quote Originally Posted by p33r View Post
    why is it that some people tell me you need to go 200 cell to stay under emissions? i mean as long as i have a cat, it's all good right? since there's no way the PoPo can check whether i'm meeting emissions?
    Not all cars emit the same emissions, some cars engines (generally newer cars) emit cleaner exhaust and so the exhaust gasses will require less filtering.
    I don't think you can say '100 cell/200 cell cats will all meet emissions for every car'.

Also, police might not be able to check emissions on the spot but sometimes they set up large defect stations with RTA engineers with the tools to do so, or they just can't be bothered and send you an EPA notice.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by geeang View Post
    Also, police might not be able to check emissions on the spot but sometimes they set up large defect stations with RTA engineers with the tools to do so, or they just can't be bothered and send you an EPA notice.
    really, i must be lucky because i've never seen these defect stations. maybe not around my area.

so as long as i'm not hooning i should never really have any problems with any regular tests as I have some form of a cat in place right?

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Exactly. I mean hell, I know guys that have run straight pipes with no cats for years and never got caught. Why? Because they don't act like dickheads on the street, they don't go cruising around at night pointlessly

Sent from my custard cannon like Peter North.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    i'm too pussy to run straight pipes. all a cop has to do is look under your car and there goes $10,000.

Aight thanks for the helps guys mwa

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    I got into a discussion with one of our finest over why I wasn't running a cat on one of my cars 2 years ago. But then, it was a '64 EH.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by p33r View Post
    i'm too pussy to run straight pipes. all a cop has to do is look under your car and there goes $10,000.

Aight thanks for the helps guys mwa
    Doesnt work like that.

Sent from my custard cannon like Peter North.

okay I got this in the mail today(monday) and im sure it was the the coppa that spoke to me while i was *PARKED*(Reckons there was reports of someone smoking cannabis) outside my gf's house on the w/e,because I saw him writing up my rego in his book,and I can't think of any other way my car got reported,anyways,

Has anyone here ever had this notice ?
    If I fill up the tank with e10 fuel before the test,will it make less emissions?

thanks for the help guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BS.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	20506  

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    LOL ..

dude that notice is for a noise pollution test .. though it did state that it may have been modified watsoever.

so yeh make sure you pass the noise level ...put stockie muffler or have resonators to shut the fhker up. Cannons wont pass you so if u have one of these take it off.

what CAT are you using? stock or after market? - if either you should be fine.

Do you have an CAI or Short ram? - if so ..put the entire stockie setup back on .. - this will help with the A/F ratio to remain under emission levels as well as the noise. (if using OEM ECU)

Any other aftermarket mods? i.e. programmable ECU, bigger fuel setups (FPR, Bigger injectors) ??? - if so, good luck as neither of this will help you lower your emissions...even if you get the ECU detuned to pass emissions ...it will still fail. - ppl are charging 1000+ for "emissions pass" tune ...but they put a disclamer that there is no guarantee and no refunds... (dont bother with these)

ive tried this on my old Hondabishi ..(vtec turbo on a cb lancer hatch - frankenstine) ...i already had the EMS detuned, 2 CAT's and 2 Resonators ...

i pased the noise levels ...but failed the emissions 3 times ...and each time u fail u pay a fee for retesting ... ...so try to get it done right first time as its free.

if your car is not turbo and practically close to stock apart from I/H/E ..then i would suggest just to lower the noise levels and put the oem airbox back in ...

fill up a nice fresh of 98ron fuel (if your vehicle states premium only)...

otherwise ..if you pass all ...just register your car in another state ....thats another story for a pass!

good luck champ ...
    Last edited by IV73CI; 15-11-2011 at 09:38 AM.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......