Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by IV73CI View Post
    LOL ..

dude that notice is for a noise pollution test .. though it did state that it may have been modified watsoever.

so yeh make sure you pass the noise level ...put stockie muffler or have resonators to shut the fhker up. Cannons wont pass you so if u have one of these take it off.

what CAT are you using? stock or after market? - if either you should be fine.

Do you have an CAI or Short ram? - if so ..put the entire stockie setup back on .. - this will help with the A/F ratio to remain under emission levels as well as the noise. (if using OEM ECU)

Any other aftermarket mods? i.e. programmable ECU, bigger fuel setups (FPR, Bigger injectors) ??? - if so, good luck as neither of this will help you lower your emissions...even if you get the ECU detuned to pass emissions ...it will still fail. - ppl are charging 1000+ for "emissions pass" tune ...but they put a disclamer that there is no guarantee and no refunds... (dont bother with these)

ive tried this on my old Hondabishi ..(vtec turbo on a cb lancer hatch - frankenstine) ...i already had the EMS detuned, 2 CAT's and 2 Resonators ...

i pased the noise levels ...but failed the emissions 3 times ...and each time u fail u pay a fee for retesting ... ...so try to get it done right first time as its free.

if your car is not turbo and practically close to stock apart from I/H/E ..then i would suggest just to lower the noise levels and put the oem airbox back in ...

fill up a nice fresh of 98ron fuel (if your vehicle states premium only)...

otherwise ..if you pass all ...just register your car in another state ....thats another story for a pass!

good luck champ ...
    lol i thought it was for both noise level and emission,no my engine is stock as a rock D series,but it just has a full after market exhaust system from the previous owner its not a cannon tho (Thank God),so you suggest putting a stock exhaust system back on for the test?

any one wanna lend me a stock exhaust system out there lol ???

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Tbh .. Their focus is noise for you as stated in the notice. But they mentioned that it could be modified.

Therefore they will check your emission whilst they are it. Unless u get a hot blonde wearing a boob tube and really short shorts .

U dont need to change ur zorst.. Juz shut the fhker up.

U got a resonator ?? If not put a longer one ...
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

nah i don't have a resonator,roughly around how much do they go for ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    dude, just go for a oem exhaust system, cause that way its a guarantee pass, no mucking around at all..... bolt on, bolt off job, no welding nothing!

Sure u could spend even more to mod it to make it pass, but whats the point in doin so, its gonna sound like crap at the end of the day, be a balla, an wack on the oem system than later on, chuck the aftermarket system back on like the rest of us do
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Why are you concerned about your emissions when you have a stock D series?

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    dude, just go for a oem exhaust system, cause that way its a guarantee pass, no mucking around at all..... bolt on, bolt off job, no welding nothing!

Sure u could spend even more to mod it to make it pass, but whats the point in doin so, its gonna sound like crap at the end of the day, be a balla, an wack on the oem system than later on, chuck the aftermarket system back on like the rest of us do
    yeah i was thinking i might just do that,IV73CI thanks for the advice tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    Why are you concerned about your emissions when you have a stock D series?
    I'm abit worried cause alotta smoke comes out the exhaust when its on idle.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    smoke as in white smoke than it goes away later on? thats not smoke, its condensation build up which is turned to steam in the exhaust system, which is normal for all cars, especially for cars with aftermarket cat backs.

If its actual white smoke than u have a engine problem, head gasket gone

if its bluish smoke than its engine problem as well, oil burning up in the combustion chamber, more likely an internal problem such as piston rings gone, or one of the seals in the head has gone...

Black smoke, or soot residue on the bumper = rich air fuel mixture which is normal as alot of cars are tuned to run rich when u give it the full beans.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

yeah white smoke when its on idle but when I drive its okay,so im guessing no problem there then

Now I just gotta go wreckers and find a stock muffler to lower the noise for the test -.-

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    On a honda if your muffler is not up (or you have a canon) to it a reasonator will not pass you, even 2 may not.
    Bolt on a stock exhuast, otherwise be willing to do a few runs at the EPA.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION