Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My gear stick vibrates when the engine is on. It is most noticable when the car is idling.
    Is this normal?
    What about everyone else?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Mine vibrates too.

I have a aftermarket type R gear knob which leaves da exposed gear stick. Da gear boot has a chrome lookin piece that vibtrates on da stick which is annoyin, but I reckon it's normal!
    TEAMDaiGah
    REDSUN Performance: 98970889

hehe i think its normal .. =P

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    it went away when i filled with pulp

its normal since integras uses a rod linkage from the shifter to the tranny instead of using a cable linkage

hey dude.. thats normal man.. i've had bigger problems on my teg..
    when i clutch in and out or under heavy braking .. i can actually see the gear stick move front and back.. i later found out that one of my engine mounts were stuff.. and the whole engine was moving.. thus moving the stick as well..

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    check enigne mount gearbox mount

yeh it happens all d time
    フジタエンジニアリング

It's not because the gear thingy which is connected to the gear stick is to close to the engine right?
    Sorry, I'm not a tech-head at all..hahahaha

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra
    hmm, i was about to ask this sort of problem too, but mine is GSi, lately the steering wheel shaking... if i hold the steering at the red light, and the car idling, i can feel it shake my hand too.... someone told me that, my engine rubber supporter, or watever they called (they said, there were 4 rubber legs that support the engine is too old, or the engine is not too good).. they wanna charge me for checkup, i rather do it myself, just i dont have the time and plus teg engine very hard to see inside out
    can anyone advise this or any idea of this sort of problem?

The gearstick is connected to the gear linkage which in turn connects to the gearbox.. I dunno how else to explain..

Hey Honda - Integra. Just start up your car and pop open the hood man. Check if the engine shakes alot or making weird noises ?? Even a simple worn out spark plug can cause your entire engine to shake like crazy. If you cant really tell the difference, I suggest u take it to a mechanic to get it checked. Its probaly safer that way. Alternatively, go down to a Honda dealer, last time I got my car checked there for free.. I had something wrong with my vtec.. They might charge you if it involves some kind of labour but if the problem is easy to spot, it probaly wont cost u a dime.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Does your gf drive ur car hehe
    part time potato