Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1200 is very fine... I've been reading and some people say don't sand pass 600 or else the paint won't adhere to primer as well.
    Rep my posts if they are helpful!

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Okay, then do that.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    smashed crx =]
    Diyd mine for 20 bux n it can turn immac it just depends how bothered n fussy u r

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    DIY'd mine for $12, Australian export paint is so weak sauce lol, only good for looks, don't think it will last paint is so soft...

Google mr clean, they powder coat for $50 per wheel
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    See if you can find a cheap place to get it sand blasted first... then DIY the rest. Should cost like $100ish for all 4.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla AE92
    I've done both (DIY spray paint and professional powdercoat) with each having their own pro's/cons.

This is what my original IMPUL RS wheels looked like before I DIY'd spray painted them:

During sanding (mix of dry and wet/dry)
    Fast forward a little, after washing, primering and painting.

Powdercoating is similar somewhat but I had it done by professionals

After it was chemically stripped
    And then powdercoated gloss black

If you go DIY, just take your time doing it and the paint will last you a fair while even without a clear coat; just spend alot of time during the prep phase and it'll be ok

Hope that helps

Yeah i saw your thread, your wheels turned out pretty nice .

I called Mr clean and they said 85 per wheel

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppeX View Post
    Yeah i saw your thread, your wheels turned out pretty nice .

I called Mr clean and they said 85 per wheel
    Errr wtf! GFC much! Last time I called (6 months ago) it's was $50 per wheel!
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Can I do the base coat over the etch primer or do I need to spray the normal primer then apply the base coat?

So people say paint don't stick well on etch primer. Could someone please confirm?

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla AE92
    Etch primer is designed for bare metal wheels so that etches into the surface making a suitable surface for the paint to adhere to. Other (Acrylic) primers' are fine but you'll need primer - just the right one to do the job

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppeX View Post
    Can I do the base coat over the etch primer or do I need to spray the normal primer then apply the base coat?

So people say paint don't stick well on etch primer. Could someone please confirm?
    the thing is with etch primer, according to use instruction only to use light coat.
    if you use light coat and then you do base coat, most likely your base coat gonna wrinkle because primer is not thick enough.
    that's why you give light coat of etch primer, then with few coats of normal primer and then the color/base coat.

had to learn that hard way painting my bonnet that i sanded back to metal because i was painting in acrylic.
    can't paint acrylic/enamel over urethane/2pack. well i can but it doesn't bond real good and gives lotta orange peel and fish eyes.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre