Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro

Lowring DC2 Vti-r 1998 King Springs Super Low Vs Low

Hey Guys,

I have an issue here, help is much appreciated.

I have a 1998 Honda Integra VTi-R, i have purchased a set of king springs super lows and am finding it impossible to have 4 people sit in the car and not scraping at every bump and turn, has anyone had this problem, or is there something wrong with my shocks? Also when driving with 2 people its ok only scrapes at the shops or coming down the driveway. I like the super low look but the drivabily is a problem

Also would the problem be fixed if i put in a set of king springs lows as they are roughly half an inch higher? Also would the car still look low and nice? Opinions and facts please?

Thanks
    arder arder arder ooooo~

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Also the car is lowered on the stock 15" wheels.
    arder arder arder ooooo~

Im running king lows on 17s. I find that if i went any lower (superlows) on the front, i'd scrub all the time when turning. Ive thought about going superlows on the rears, whch would be fine with no passengers but with a full load in the back you're ****ed

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    yea i was thinking of changing super lows to lows itd be better if i do decide to change to 16" as well, u think? haha yeap as much as superlows look good i cant have a full load anymore, max 2 at front...

u think lows would be the go, it wouldnt scrub on the 15' stocks?
    arder arder arder ooooo~

Imo lows is the perfect balance between practicality and looks. If you're careful, you won't have problems with driveways/ramps etc, just sometimes it feels like it's still 4wd as fvck

Lows don't give you any problems with wearing out stock shocks too fast, should be no scrubbing if you don't go too wide (7" or less is fine), low negative camber so tyres don't wear abnormally fast, better handling than stock and comfortable ride. Perfect option for a daily

Also i'm pretty sure the difference between Ls and SLs is more than half an inch. L is 30-35mm, SL is 50-60mm. it's about an inch difference. Take into account the sagging as well
    Last edited by charliebrown; 09-05-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Would Help if Bought Skunk 2 shocks or something, to stop it sagging!!

I don't think the price tag of aftermarket shocks justifies stopping the almost unnoticable sag. Might as well go coilovers if OP was willing to spend that much.

Member Array
    Car:
    dog
    nah don't go to 'low' springs they look gay, just upgrade your wheels to 16's.

What would going 16s do to help his problem? He would keep the same rolling diameter so height remains the same. Assuming 16s are wider than the 15s, he could encounter more scrubbing issues not less?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    If you can cope with the lowness and wait abit to double your budget, and get coilovers you'll be happy.

I had king springs on all my cars I've owned, and I honestly hate it. They sag quick. So no point wasting money on it from my opinion.

Good luck,
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Bought my teg with Superlows + Monroe shocks. Running 16s. They've sagged as well, so I'm sitting 9cm off the ground. No scrubbing or anything regardless of how many people are in the car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    hey guys thanks for the input, the only reason i purchased king springs was to make the car look a little better then normal ride height, i am planning to upgrade in near future, so coilovers would just be a waste, but also a bit dear on my budget atm.

i was thinking of just putting it back to stock as i had no trouble whatsoever, but the height bothers me, so it looks like low's would be the option not too low and also it'd still make the car look good..

also,how do i check if the shocks are gone? or do i need to bring it into a shop? plus how much am i looking at to replace them original/aftermarket.
    arder arder arder ooooo~