Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro

[cl9] new exhaust next week!

G'day everyone!

Next week I will be heading down to Rob Bliss Exhaust at Geebung to get my new diff-back exhaust system! Im so keen to hear what it will sound like!

I will post a video of how it sounds once it is done!

Anyway, until then, peace!

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    you still sticking with the dual muffler design or going single?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by 05accordeuro View Post
    G'day everyone!

Next week I will be heading down to Rob Bliss Exhaust at Geebung to get my new diff-back exhaust system! Im so keen to hear what it will sound like!

I will post a video of how it sounds once it is done!

Anyway, until then, peace!
    Diff back? So you are keeping the restrictive factory 4-1 header?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Diff back? So you are keeping the restrictive factory 4-1 header?
    the after market headers I was quoted were 4 to 1 anyway. plus they didnt show me enough kw gain for the price, not to mention fuel economy.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by 10KRPM View Post
    you still sticking with the dual muffler design or going single?
    and yeah mate, still sticking with the dual mufflers, new tips also

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by 05accordeuro View Post
    the after market headers I was quoted were 4 to 1 anyway. plus they didnt show me enough kw gain for the price, not to mention fuel economy.
    Which header did they quote you? And isn't diff back exclusively for turbo cars?
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Wow, read the last thread. Can't believe you still think this is the way to go. What is the point of running a bigger system half way back? You're still gonna have the restriction of the front half let alone the factory headers.

It's a well known fact that getting an Intake, Header or Exhaust upgrade will show you little gains alone. But all three is where the magic happens.

I know you think this guy is good because he has been doing it for 30 years, but things have changed man..
    Last edited by mikey72; 11-05-2011 at 06:26 PM.
    '05 Accord Euro Luxury 'Sports', Hah!

Looking For Wing-less CL9 Graphite Boot - Willing to discuss trade for boot with wing!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey72 View Post
    Wow, read the last thread. Can't believe you still think this is the way to go. What is the point of running a bigger system half way back? You're still gonna have the restriction of the front half let alone the factory headers.

It's a well known fact that getting an Intake, Header or Exhaust upgrade will show you little gains alone. But all three is were the magic happens.

I know you think this guy is good because he has been doing it for 30 years, but things have changed man..
    What he said.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro
    What's with all the negative attitude dudes? I was just going by what I was advised from what I asked. And I chose to believe him because I trust his work. Remember guys, all this technology you speak of wasn't invented yesterday, so I think he has some what more experience than all of us. All I ask is that you respect my decision, geez, I was just letting you guys know what I was doing with my exhaust, is that not what a forum is about?

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    05accordeuro, I don't think they were trying to give you some negative attitude. I think what they are more afraid of is you being misinformed, regretting it later on or wasting money. If I'm not wrong I think what they are saying is you keeping the stock header and going with custom exhaust pipe isn't going to do anything different apart from maybe the sound. Reason is because of the amount of fumes being able to be pushed out through the header. If the header has a set amount of (for example) 1m per second of gas being able to be pushed out while your custom exhaust allows 3m per second then you won't be using the full potential of your custom exhaust as it's being restricted by the header. So having the stock pipe and your customs wouldn't be much different unless you change the header. A lot of the guys here are really here to just help you apart and normally I would open an ear and hear them out apart from the times where they might think your car looks rice where that is everyones own opinion. :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Oh gosh!! What is a diff back? Is he talking about the location of where the exhaust will be moded. Or is he talking about just a cat back.

The previous thread started you asked for opinions.

All opinions given were contradictory to the advice provided to your mechanic. Have you done any research in relation to this or going on one person's opinion, as opposed to many others, who is a business man who wants you to pay for a useless mod (without other mods done)

However just for my own interest can you please inform me the specifications dont care too much but cost. Just materials going to be used, size of the pipe stuff like that

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    Try Mr muffler in sumner park if they are still around.