Thread: 04 Lux problem

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux

04 Lux problem

For some reason when I accelerate a little bit hard (nothing too excessive) from a complete stop/slow roll my cars VSA flashes two times for a split second and I also get a two small kicks from my car. only happens upto 40km
    For eg. Before I was trying to make a right hand turn and I accelerated as I turned but my car had a really delayed response, so I don't feel to safe driving until it's fixed.

Does anyone know what could cause this, the only variables different to when I last drove are
    Rain
    Heating on

I was thinking possibly something to do with oil? but im pretty clueless

car is automatic
    Last edited by Gibknee; 12-05-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro [Cl9]
    What fuel are you using? Is your maintenance upto date? Check the fuel/air filters aren't too clogged or dirty. Could also be your spark plugs if they haven't been changed in a while

Ollie

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Since I've brought the car I've used only 98 from either Safeway or Shell.

Brought the car at 126500km with full up-date-service history. Have had the car for about 1 month now.

Got a link to any guides on how to check that stuff? first car so I'm major noob

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Update - Just checked my service book and it's actually the VSA light which goes off so I'm guessing it's limiting power to the wheels for some reason? Possibly something to do with the wet?

It has been raining the whole day non-stop and all of last night.
    Last edited by Gibknee; 12-05-2011 at 09:29 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibknee View Post
    Update - Just checked my service book and it's actually the VSA light which goes off so I'm guessing it's limiting power to the wheels for some reason? Possibly something to do with the wet?

It has been raining the whole day non-stop and all of last night.
    Sounds like the traction control kicking in? Try turning the VSA off, you should get wheelspin instead. Otherwise it could be a faulty wheel sensor thinking that your wheels are spinning.

- HZ
    Last edited by HunterZero; 13-05-2011 at 12:32 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    How's your tyres? Do you have aftermarket rims? Cause if you have almost bold tyres and road is wet VSA will work overtime. Same goes to those who shove a 22" into their euros
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Stock rims, 3 of the tyres have about 40-50% while I have one tyre thats brand new

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If the brand new one is at three front then the older tyre could be losing grip and slipping. It is an open differential so the front grip must be the same to prevent slip.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    If the brand new one is at three front then the older tyre could be losing grip and slipping. It is an open differential so the front grip must be the same to prevent slip.
    New one is at the back