Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    Oh gosh!! What is a diff back? Is he talking about the location of where the exhaust will be moded. Or is he talking about just a cat back.
    I'm wondering the same thing, diff back could mean 1 of 2 things:
    1- "turbo back" off the front diff, Which is from turbo all the way to the muffler, there's no turbo in the euro so that's out.

2- "axle back" from rear axle backwards, so effectively just 2 mufflers and the connecting pipe, so HALF a catback so to speak (because its got no mid pipe). Gosh I'm hoping he's not charging a whole lot for what's basically 2 mufflers.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 12-05-2011 at 01:10 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing, diff back could mean 1 of 2 things:
    1- "turbo back" off the front diff, Which is from turbo all the way to the muffler, there's no turbo in the euro so that's out.

2- "axle back" from rear axle backwards, so effectively just 2 mufflers and the connecting pipe, so HALF a catback so to speak (because its got no mid pipe). Gosh I'm hoping he's not charging a whole lot for what's basically 2 mufflers.
    Well usually there is two types of systems:

1. Cat-back system - pretty self-explanatory, everything from the catalytic converter out the back (pipe, muffler/s)

2. Diff/Axle-back system - Everything after the rear diff/axle is replaced (muffler, pipes (if it is a dual outlet)

Hope that gives you an idea

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Your car doesn't have a rear diff, so technically diff back on a cl9 would include headers, cat and exhaust :P

Maybe even exhaust valves
    '05 Accord Euro Luxury 'Sports', Hah!

Looking For Wing-less CL9 Graphite Boot - Willing to discuss trade for boot with wing!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by 05accordeuro View Post
    Well usually there is two types of systems:

1. Cat-back system - pretty self-explanatory, everything from the catalytic converter out the back (pipe, muffler/s)

2. Diff/Axle-back system - Everything after the rear diff/axle is replaced (muffler, pipes (if it is a dual outlet)

Hope that gives you an idea
    So it's just a muffler and y pipe you are getting?
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Im sorry mate but the gains you will feel will probably be a placebo effect of having a loud exhaust.

Companies like toda, weapon r, skunk2 etc all have done years of R&D to get the performance gains they make. How can you possibly justify the hour or so this exhaust shop spent looking at (not even working on it) your car will show you gains?

Looking For Wing-less CL9 Graphite Boot - Willing to discuss trade for boot with wing!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I am pretty sure Op understand he's not going to get any gains out of his axle back set up at all. So he's just spending the $500 for the sound.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 12-05-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    axle back = sound
    cat back = performance
    Whole system = ultimate race experience LOL
    Straight through exhaust = Track use only, and being a dick on the road LOL
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro

[CL9] Exhaust

Hey guys,

I went and got my new axle-back system put in my Euro today! It sounds great and am thoroughly happy with the job done by Rob Bliss Exhausts at Geebung!

Pictures and videos:

http://youtu.be/cmMN6hopWGY

sounds a bit weird because of the phone!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    thread number 3?

EDIT: sounds stock?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Merged the threads.

I can hear a bit of a growl in the vid when you blipped the throttle. When just revving it with constant throttle opening it sounds stock. Good job on keeping it looking stock and also sounding stock until you give it throttle. This is what you want because you don't want it to drone when you are cruising at the speed limit (60, 80, 110 km/h) because that is when you end up attracting the attention of the police for the wrong reasons.

You want it to be a gentle giant when driving around normally, and then unleashing all hell when you give it full throttle.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 CL9 5 AT lux nav
    Its hard to escape the feeling that the thread is more about advertising his mate than anything