Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: H22A or B18C?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1987 Accord

H22A or B18C?

I have a 1989 Honda Accord Hatch and I love it to death. I want to turn it into my personal little project car and I want to go all out on it. Now I cant make up my mind on which engine I could swap into it and turbo. I want to know which one would be worth while more? Now I know swapping in a B18C will be around about 1 billion times easier than the H22A since I only got a A20A4 in it right now, but I want to know with which one do I have more upgrade options with and which one I will actually be able to turbo once inside the car, as space I think will be an issue. Please be gentle with the comments on here D: this is my first post!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    lots of stuff
    B has more aftermarket support than H. You can get a B18C turbo kit pretty easily from the states.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1987 Accord
    thanks for that, its all i really wanted to know

alot of people will say bseries, but h22 has the torque! b18 has the aftermarket support, its not like h22 doesnt...just b18 has more options. imo they are both just as good as each other. I was speaking to a honda mecho the other day and he said a couple of people he knew that did hswaps wondered why they ever loved bseries. Then again you would prob get people saying the same thing but the other way around.

What i suggest is do some intense research and decide on what you find suits your needs. Personally i would go jdm Hswap 147kw 2.2! or even h22 type s if youve got the dough 163kw.

There are alot of helpful people on here so dont be afraid to ask around
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

go k24

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    k24 if you wanna straight out ballin, otherwise go H2B
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    How about axle position with each motor? I know h series in some car put the axles on a bit of an angle

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Supposedly HASport mounts will sit the engine so the angle is not so extreme

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    umm i doubt he would go K24 Turbo, seems hell lot of dough to spend, and alot of customizing, definate go B18 turbo, simply cause theres heaps of aftermarket gear out there already, prefabbed turbo kits, and its been proven to work, 180 - 250kw easy.....

H22a on the other hand, displacement = torque, but on a FWD, torque steer like a mofo..... especially if ur running more than 200kw an pushing more than 350nm torque
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Run a good lsd and torque steer is not much of a problem

i think he is asking which engine best for his 89 model accord hatch not civic?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    B18C worked will munch your H22's ;D

If not then B20 w/ ITR gearbox all the way
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero