Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    I can get Blackworks coilovers from JDM Accesories, for abt 1150 (i cant remember name of the business, but its the place "BlastnPast' was promoting)

and i got quoted 1950 for Ksports (include installation and wheel allignment)

but wont look into that till i take the car back to pedders tomorrow and ask them to figure out wtf that knocking is.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    yeah blastnpast quoted me 1150 for ksports.

i emailed buddyclub and they said the version 1s were taken off the market because they werent suited for australian roads. i have received a reply saying that the version 2s will come out within the next few weeks.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    LOL but the official Buddyclub importer for AU went broke LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    defs not from aus, the english was shocking - but still legible. but again, we shall see what my bank says in a few weeks

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    ahaha.
    well good luck, i wonder if pedders will fix the knocking tomorrow...
    and how much they will slug me

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    WOW, got car back from Pedders.

they dropped it an extra ~5mm front and 10mm rear.
    fixed the knocking (it was due to a lose spring seat and something to do with an unadjusted damper).
    and best part they did it free of charge!

he did say however due to the lightness and rigidity of the vehicle it skips in heavy cornering, makes it kinda fun though.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3-EVO-S2000
    ahahaha nice work
    Herro

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    yeh, alot better then paying another 2k to install K sports ahaha.

but the sussy is still very stiff, and the car being light weight and not very stiff as stock (since its a family car) creaks if your on uneven road

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    NEW PICS BRO!!!
    got it lowered another 5mm on the front.
    and and 10mm on rear to try even it out.

Click for larger image

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    guys im running T1R bmax coilovers in my GD3. when i hit a bump in the road or theres too much travel i get this loud creak/bump. I have a suspicion they are not bolted down tight or something. OR are my shocks gone? i really dont know.

Has it only happened recently? How long have you had your coilovers on for?

If only recently and you're just noticing, it could be the solid/pillowball top mount banging against the chassis mount.

Check to make sure the spring seat or lock nut is secure. It is seldom this issue if its a creak or squeak though...

Then check the top mount [Assuming you have pillow top mount], try to rotate them, if they are very stiff or squeaking, it could be the bearing in them are gone...

Failing that try to check your damper, push down on it and see if you can replicate the noise, if you can then you may be looking at a rebuild...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    the jazz does has macpherson struts. i should note it only happens at the rear, and the real part that could be moving is around the top mount. whether it be the solid/pillowball or a loose nut. Someone please just come and check it out. hurstville area, anyone?