Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    well i talked to the boys at jdmyard and i got quoted 1450 for a set of BUDDYCLUB n+ coilovers. they said it would be fine for street use. height adjustments will let it go loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. will be picking some up soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3
    there are some coilovers on ebay that go for like 1k for jazz? check them out y0

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    nah f*ck it just get the BCn+ they are good, we all know it. better then taking a chance on some ebay purchase.

good luck with them (not that you will need it, i hear they are pretty good)

thinking about just putting the BCR's on my jazz and leaving it for now, at stock ride height with stiffer suspension.
    with the struts n stuff she comes out of corners pretty nice and composed but turning in theres so much dip.
    then ill keep it as a back up vehicle, for some reason ive been really into the RX7 lately, so i might look into buying one of them :P

Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    nah f*ck it just get the BCn+ they are good, we all know it. better then taking a chance on some ebay purchase.

good luck with them (not that you will need it, i hear they are pretty good)

thinking about just putting the BCR's on my jazz and leaving it for now, at stock ride height with stiffer suspension.
    with the struts n stuff she comes out of corners pretty nice and composed but turning in theres so much dip.
    then ill keep it as a back up vehicle, for some reason ive been really into the RX7 lately, so i might look into buying one of them :P
    ... look @ the spec of the coilovers.

my cusco's @ it's highest setting, is still lower than stock, these struts are very short throw, (jazz suspension is very compact compared to others), and if you wind it up too far, you'll come to the end of the rebound reach, and round a corrner you'll litterally lift a wheel off the ground.

i have mine @ about as high as i can without doing this, and it's still lower that when i was running king springs. (15mm drop)

BTW, i hope you can build a rotary... i looked @ getting an s4 rx7 years ago, (10+), but rebuilding a decent one was 5-8K...
    Mind you, you can pick up an RX8 for like 20-25K if you look hard enough...

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3
    my mate got rx7 fd from car auction in japan for 10k but duno wat else he would have needed to do.. but so cheap

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    yeh my mate has a rx8, he put a gt wing on it, so it became cop bait, one day the engine needed replacing after abt 100k kms
    he managed to get a jap race spec engine that had been mildly tuned down.
    due to the spoiler he was given a yellow sticker the guy at the pits said it was all good but wanted to put a sniffer in the exhaust, turns out the jap engine was running too rich and needed tuning to run leaner.
    after another 5k for a retune one of the chamber faces cracked due to higher heat, now the car sits in a garage. i was gonna buy it off him, but one reason i wanted a rx7 is because it was a small car, rx8 isnt quite the same.
    might go for the s2k over the rx7 tho, cos it still has ~250hp and a much more reliable engine.

after another 5k for a retune one of the chamber faces cracked due to higher heat, now the car sits in a garage. i was gonna buy it off him, but one reason i wanted a rx7 is because it was a small car, rx8 isnt quite the same.
    might go for the s2k over the rx7 tho, cos it still has ~250hp and a much more reliable engine.
    if the rotor housing get's damaged, you need to replace it, the rotor, and at the very least, the apex seals. which USUALLY means a new engine, as that's usually cheaper. shame, sounded like a decent engine...

... i dont know... i wanan build a race car, thinking an old, (s1) MX5, and finding a eunos 1.8 V6, and Super charging it that would be something different
    as it's a race car, i wouldn't care the condition, i'd gut it anyway, and they are pretty cheap. 3-5K, few K for engine, 1K for SC, 2-3K fitting and engineering...

would be a cool drift car/circuit racer

oh, and back on topic, fitted the front top strut bar today. maked a huge difference, but i've got a theory on that one. the last few times i've fitted one of these, it made a difference, but not as much as this one this time.

a) this is really a decent quality unit. Ultraracing gear really seems like the stuff. highly recommended.
    b) after i fitted the under fender bracing, the energy that was being distrubted through out the chassis due to flex, was being turned into the lateral movement of the strut tops, throwing out wheel alignment more than usual.

anyway, managed to just hold on, (started to oversteer, but if i tried to push throu it, it understeered pretty much straight away), around a round about, (big one), @ 50kmph, were tonite, i smashed a much tighter round about with no tyre squeek, pretty much dead flat, @ over 60.

one day this week if i can get away early from work, going to find a hill and destroy it

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    good luck, your a local jazz legend :P

the miata idea sounds good, would make an amazing down hill car bedcause its light, tbh tho i would rather a suzuki capucchino with a big ass engine that sh1t would GO!

i would rather a suzuki capucchino with a big ass engine that sh1t would GO!
    engine for that would be a hyabusa engine, or a G13B out of a swift gti.

I was looking @ that after i bought pistons for the Jazz. the Stock G13B piston diameter is 74mm, were the Jazz is 73mm.

i wonder if they'd fit, (40thou overbore). difference in price was sub $200 for forged G13B piston, were Jazz ones start @ $600.

not that it matters anymore... :P

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    whered you get a ultraracing strut bar?

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    ebay! ahaha

oh and Rotel, the swift pistons would be 2x oversize for the jazz, but it would be down to like the distance from the gujjin pin to the piston top n stuff like that. i thought the swift had a 1.3L so if it has a wider piston it must have shorter travel.
    i dunno.
    anyway good luck