Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Got my roof mount DVD fitted yesterday along with the IXA-W407EBT head unit.

The head unit looks fantastic and has the factory fitted look to it. Functionality is awesome too. Hooks up to my iPhone4 and wifes iPhone3 with no worries. Plays BT streaming audio off the phones and the phone contact list etc all shows up without an issue. The DVD player is linked to the head unit so I can view video on both (except when driving).

Functionality wise, the DVD is great as well. Awesome quality pictures and sound. Just wish the screen was motorised. Not so chuffed with the roof mount DVD install though. Have to go back and get the trim sorted as the guy mounted it a lot further fwd than I would have liked, and didn't use the Alpine trim. The front of the DVD hangs off the rear edge of the sunroof and he has stuffed some dodgy black fabric in the gaps.

A flush mount reverse camera and steering wheel interface was part of the install. With some careful shopping around, total cost $2130 all up installed.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    ^ that's an excellent deal. any pic?
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

I will post some pics of the complete install soon...but I need some quick replies first about the roof mount DVD.

I am having issues with the installer about how they have fitted the roof unit. In my opinion it is far too fwd on the roof. At first they didin't fit the trim that came with the unit and did a dodgy infill with fabric. Had to go back a second time to get the trim fitted but they claim the unit can't be moved any further back.

This is the result...the front end hangs past the sunroof opening...which looks shite in my opinion.

Hoping If988 can show us the front of his DVD install?

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    How big is your roof mount DVD? It is far too forward but seems look alright on the 2nd picture. Ask them to fix it again.
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    MY10 Ody Lux
    If any of the car audio dealers I associate with up in Brisbane were to see this, they'd just be shaking their heads.
    That work is appalling.
    And the trim colour and texture doesn't even match the unit. What did they do with the Alpine trim you bought?

Sure, you might have got a cheap price, but did you not look at some of the cars they've worked on to get an idea of their workmanship?
    If the space for the unit is too small, then they sold you the incorrect unit.
    Someone who either has no experience, or just doesn't care about your car, OR BOTH, has done this work.
    That's also installed almost between the head of you and the other front passenger - maybe a serious hazard in an accident???

I've seen much worse than this after being in the industry but even this kind of result is very disappointing.

Chase them to rectify it.
    Last edited by Winno; 14-06-2011 at 06:07 PM.

This was done by Autotainment in Burswood who came highly recommended but clearly not for DVD installs or customer service as I found out!

It is a case of just not giving a sh*t...the car has been back once already, in both times they didn't even have the courtesy to walk me (or my wife who collected the car the second time) through what they had done. It was a case of here's the keys and there's the door...the car is outside. The second time around they pulled out the child seat when my wife took it around and didn't even bother to put it back. My wife had to wrestle with the seat and our 15month old in the car park. Their customer service has been appalling.

I supplied the head unit & DVD so all they quoted on was installation...which wasn't the cheapest so i didn't go with price.

The trim is the Alpine surround which came with the unit. The issue I have is that it is fitted too far fwd and intruding into the sunroof opening as already noted.

Anyone considering any car audio...stay clear of Autotainment!

Tried speaking to Brian Wallis who is the owner of Autotainment about fixing the installation. According to him 'that's the way we fit them'. He wants another $180 to do the job the 'way you want it' and hung up on me!

Can't see why I wouldn't throw more money at them!

Member Array
    Car:
    MY10 Ody Lux
    Sounds like he can afford to lose business then.
    No wonder he never gets a mention on the MEA car audio forums.

Office of Fair Trade for your next call perhaps?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Quote Originally Posted by Winno View Post
    Sounds like he can afford to lose business then.
    No wonder he never gets a mention on the MEA car audio forums.

Office of Fair Trade for your next call perhaps?
    i just wonder what OFT can do. demand them to rectify it probably but do u want to take your car back? a refund would be good tho.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneedown View Post
    This was done by Autotainment in Burswood who came highly recommended but clearly not for DVD installs or customer service as I found out!

It is a case of just not giving a sh*t...the car has been back once already, in both times they didn't even have the courtesy to walk me (or my wife who collected the car the second time) through what they had done. It was a case of here's the keys and there's the door...the car is outside. The second time around they pulled out the child seat when my wife took it around and didn't even bother to put it back. My wife had to wrestle with the seat and our 15month old in the car park. Their customer service has been appalling.

I supplied the head unit & DVD so all they quoted on was installation...which wasn't the cheapest so i didn't go with price.

The trim is the Alpine surround which came with the unit. The issue I have is that it is fitted too far fwd and intruding into the sunroof opening as already noted.

Anyone considering any car audio...stay clear of Autotainment!
    Now I know where not to go!
    Old man that drives slow cars

Member Array
    Car:
    RB3
    That was my main concern when I bought my RB3...that's why I just got the headrest mounted DVD screens instead..almost looks factory..

Member Array
    Car:
    MY10 Ody Lux
    After sitting in an RB1 with a ceiling mounted screen, I know it blocks the rear vision via the mirror.
    That would annoy the crap out of me.
    Headrest monitors fed by either a dash mounted source, or a hide away unit is really the way to go.