Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    That's the point I'm making, if you can't use all the throttle on a b18 what good is having more power in the corners

Member Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by crobaa View Post
    That's the point I'm making, if you can't use all the throttle on a b18 what good is having more power in the corners
    really man? think about your question...

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    remember your foot controls wheelspin as well.
    do you think F1 drivers go full throttle in hard corners?
    No they dont & they have the best rated tires and most probably suspension set ups also

if you were using all the throttle going in2 a corner you'd have one bloody slow arse car there...
    Last edited by _bORdO_; 12-07-2011 at 09:03 PM.

lol i guess youve never been on a track before

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Ok slighty off topic, but how does the Civic Sports K20 compare to that of the Euro K24? Besides the obvious, higher torque rating and power, an better gears..... I havent heard much talk from these newer K20, despite the fact that a older B16a2 makes the exact same power with much less displacement, kinda of a step back imo with the newer gen civic sports.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by _bORdO_ View Post
    really man? think about your question...

do you think F1 drivers go full throttle in corners?
    No they dont & they have the best rated tires and most probably suspension set ups also

if you were using all the throttle going in2 a corner you'd have one bloody slow arse car there...
    hahaha crobaa = 0, bordo = 1
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Slow in, fast out - not the other way around. Of course the better your brakes are the faster you can go in...

But hey guys, let's keep on topic (if possible).

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    I know how to drive in a corner, I'm just saying that without a pretty decent suspension setup you won't be able to use the additional power of a k series in a tight corner. Of course everyone on the forum is Michael Schumacher when their behind a keyboard and screen though

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Well man, if you've got the cash to go K swap, I don't think you'll cheap out on something fundamental such as suspension and brake setup. I do understand what your trying to say though.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    Ok slighty off topic, but how does the Civic Sports K20 compare to that of the Euro K24? Besides the obvious, higher torque rating and power, an better gears..... I havent heard much talk from these newer K20, despite the fact that a older B16a2 makes the exact same power with much less displacement, kinda of a step back imo with the newer gen civic sports.
    the fd2 has a diff head set up, like the k20a3, built for fuel efficiency

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R DC2
    This is turning into a good little discussion, personally I like the B series, it's shouty, raw and unrefined - feels like a bit of an animal trying to relentlessly get out from the car. Whereas the K series is refined, smoother changeover, not quite as high in the revs, but still - you look down briefly at the speedo and think 'already doing XXk's, what the!'.

They both have their good points, and I agree with Mr Toda that both engines when built up cleverly/right would still have their own highlights.

I know how to drive in a corner, I'm just saying that without a pretty decent suspension setup you won't be able to use the additional power of a k series in a tight corner. Of course everyone on the forum is Michael Schumacher when their behind a keyboard and screen though
    without decent suspension you wont be able to use the power of a d or b series in a corner..
    Ive swapped my b series for a k series because of the time it would make up on the straights. Obviously corner speeds would be around the same if i was to use the same chassis setup.
    And LOL at needing to be schumi to understand simple things like this.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    There is one secret to Honda performance....
    Fit the biggest motor into the lightest chasis, period!

Hondas are fairly well tuned from factory and it takes a tone of money to get it slightly better in NA form.
    Capacity is king...

If you have been on the forum as long as I have, it has progressed from: D16Y<B16A<B18C<B20frank<H2B<K20<K24.

The main reason hondas are getting faster is only because engines are getting bigger...

Good examples: Have you ever seen a NA b16a off its chops? would proabably get beaten by an unmoded H2b ehehehe
    Last edited by BlitZ; 13-07-2011 at 10:07 PM.
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01