Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    the k series weighs around the same as the b18cr so weight balance is not an issue.
    why not go for a k24? its cheaper than the k20 and its quicker

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    K SERIES pros =, K20 has VCT which the B series lacks...basically just pulls the car so much quicker to redline is a simple way to put it.
    K series has a great 6 SPEED gearbox which works and feels so much better than any B series box. Also has more torque everywhere which only B series could be similiar is the B20VTEC but still doesnt rev the way a k20 does
    finally you will need to build at least a 160kw B18C to equal a 140kw K20A. Parts are becoming more common accessible and slowly cheaper
    K series cons = $$$$ expensive parts just keep adding up, ac/ps will need to be customised bonnet need to be cut, taking more time to install

Weight balance is negligible as the difference is not much between the two engines

B series pros = If your going to build a B series , go B20VTEC there is no replacement for displacement, easier to swap than k series can get all ef parts aircon, powersteering
    parts are readily available and reasonably priced, straight foward conversion most of everything remains in same spot
    B series cons= need to spend $$$ to get on par with a k series and might just end up costing more and making less power,

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    thanks guys for quick reply

yeah wouldn't mind a K24 but block height already a issue with bonnet clearance and want to legal with a K20a

the reason i said weight balance is not due to engine weight but moving the engine from passage's side of the car to driver's side of the car
    Has anyone done conner weight different of before with B series and after with a K series ? Would love to know if it much weight move to one side

Thanks GSI_PSI made me wanting to do the K20a ITR again as it a the better motor long term with your pro's and con's
    I do plan to put build K20 in after year or so to start hunting down quicker lap times

The P/s option has been on my mind with the K series as it likely not going to fit in the small ED9 engine bay even with a EF8 bonnet (most guys don't have it as far see if all none)
    but i try fit P/s pump when the time comes

Pat
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Account Disabled Array
    K-series, newer, makes more power and torque, requires less maintanence, will be alot cheaper in the long run

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Pat,

I built my B16A and I love it, love the car, love the B-series and everything.

But I would not do it again. I could have spent just a little more to put a JDM K20A in (much more power) but I wanted my car to have the B-series OEM-ness that makes it somewhat of a classic. If this doesn't bother you, just go K-series. Better value for money, less issues etc etc. Far better option. Otherwise Honda would have stuck with the B, right?

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by davidvtec View Post
    Is that head ported as well?

Standard head

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomsy View Post
    Standard head
    what exauhst and headers? thats a great power figure!

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Toda headers and spoon n1, to be honest alot of it comes down to selecting the correct parts and having them fitted correctly then tuned correctly, any monkey can fit cams and an exhaust, pros take the time to dial cams and align and port match the exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    for sure, thats why im going to be doing a 60 hour round trip to sydney to get it done by toda.

i'd be happy with anything over 130kw
    with toda b's i/h/e s300

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomsy View Post
    I make 139fwkw with, toda header,b cams,valve springs, mugen intake and powerfc, plus a few other bits n pieces, tuned and dyned at toda
    what were the other few bits and pieces jomsy....?? xD
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    K series swap is expensive, not the motor. but the conversion parts, and it won't be stock because you will need custom headers/cat/zorst/intake/ecu etc!

You need to spend ALOT of $ to get a Built B series on the same level as the K.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    K series aint expensive. Check my for sale thread, one for going hella cheap $8500 everything needed minus installation.

Built B series will set you back a good 6-10k, and yet make less power then a stock K20 type R with bolt ons/tuned.