Member Array
    Car:
    ah huhhh
    fades into a pinkish colour if not maintained

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    Milano Red is nice, yeah, and you don't see many of them around. What makes it hard to maintain? Fading?
    you dont see many around because most of the are pink now LOL, you dont realized that it was once MR
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1
    not really feeling the red color but just out of curiousity how do u maintain it besides not baking it in the sun all the time

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_James View Post
    not really feeling the red color but just out of curiousity how do u maintain it besides not baking it in the sun all the time
    guessing you polish it every week?
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

One a week, get into the garage, pull out your wax and wax it up.
    (After you have washed you car of course)
    I wouldn't just go by using the wax at a car wash as i think it's just rubbish IMO.

I spend at least 2-3 times a month waxing my car as i've just had it recently resprayed in MR, yes mine went pink due to previous owner being from QLD, looked like it had been in the sun 24/7 lol..

Keep it under cover is a must if you have a MR one as if you wish to maintain it's condition as best as possible...
    Such a price to pay for a beautiful colour >.>

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    One a week, get into the garage, pull out your wax and wax it up.
    (After you have washed you car of course)
    I wouldn't just go by using the wax at a car wash as i think it's just rubbish IMO.

I spend at least 2-3 times a month waxing my car as i've just had it recently resprayed in MR, yes mine went pink due to previous owner being from QLD, looked like it had been in the sun 24/7 lol..

Keep it under cover is a must if you have a MR one as if you wish to maintain it's condition as best as possible...
    Such a price to pay for a beautiful colour >.>
    It is a nice color if modified and maintained correctly Yesterday I saw a I'm guessing what used to be a red accord euro as it was faded into a pink. And u could see the top of the car a lighter shade compared to the bottom (bumpers)
    As with maintaining an MR car. Is this with only some models of the Honda range (dc5) or is it all Honda MR cars ? Fn2 Em1?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    lots of stuff
    most reds tend to fade because clear does not stick well to red. a lot of red cars don't have a clear coat, instead clear is mixed into the paint to protect it.

to prevent it oxidising you basically need to wax more often and keep it out of the sun when possible.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelz View Post
    most reds tend to fade because clear does not stick well to red. a lot of red cars don't have a clear coat, instead clear is mixed into the paint to protect it.

to prevent it oxidising you basically need to wax more often and keep it out of the sun when possible.
    Red doesn't have a clear coat like nighthawk black, arctic blue or championship white.
    Milano Red is a solid base paint so clear shouldn't be applied over it. Clear is mixed through the paint and that's what gives it it's BRIGHT red shine when it's well maintained.. only problem is, it's a bitch to get lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE S
    Funny you haven't mentioned Milano Red since it truly is a wonderful colour... just a very hard colour to maintain....
    no offence... but i find that the red colour is alittle girly
    but that's just my 2cents

each to there own dude.
    No offense taken =)
    If i had my choice again, i would of bought CW

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE S
    each to there own dude.
    If i had my choice again, i would of bought CW
    AGREED... cw is BEAUTIFUL!