Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDMDC2/EG4

Engine confusion, would like your thoughts!

So ive got a dc2 with a jdm front, gutted and ready for a engine. my mechanic has a h22a type s ready to go as well as a type r head and b20 bottom, so at that point im not too sure what i wanna run. the idea is to run a build b20 all motor ie complete bottom and head build as-well as tune ofcorse orrrr run the h with a h2b setup with light mods ie cams valve train etc. For many months ive done so much reading and research into thinking which way i wanna go with this but i thought id shout out to the community to see what you guys think.

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    B20vtec over the h22a
    H2B over the b20vtec

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    well built B20vtec imo.
    snapping 2nd..

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    b20 for sure dude

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    depends what you want? torque or revs? i'd personally go the B20vtec, having so my self. i hear/read that h22's dont/cant make 'em rev as much as b serires can. or is this just hearsay and forum bullshit?
    touge is my style, F@CK your style!

Btw a type r head ( could be a boring b16a head ) and a b20 bottom end don't just magically bolt together and make wads of power ! Abit more work involved than that.
    Still I'd put more money into the b20 setup as it's bolt in using your existing mounts shift linkage etc.

Account Disabled Array
    Abit off topic, but K-series is the way! For the price of h2b and b20vtec swap, another 1k-2k you can have a K-series package which is newer, more reliable and makes more power and torque than any B-series or H-series

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Benson although you are right in more reliable and more power. But realistically it is a lot more expensive than you make it sound. Putting in a K series in properly your looking at spending way more/.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    i hear/read there is issues with K series timing chain tensioner? is this what makes them so reliable?
    touge is my style, F@CK your style!

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Touge Tom View Post
    i hear/read there is issues with K series timing chain tensioner? is this what makes them so reliable?
    What issue are you talking about? I've been using the OEM on my supercharge motor and all other built motors.

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    Benson although you are right in more reliable and more power. But realistically it is a lot more expensive than you make it sound. Putting in a K series in properly your looking at spending way more/.
    Define properly?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda's
    Quote Originally Posted by Touge Tom View Post
    type anything into google and there will be negative feed back regarding the product/component searched....genius
    11.41@119 mile ALL MOTOR street chassis

K series parts whore

FFamily