Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Ek honda civic hatch
    I'm not sure of the difference between our cars, but I felt I would easily make 130 mph with the b16 and gt3076r on 98 at around 20psi. I ran 125 on my only run on that setup, and engine let go. I wasnt full throttle shifting and on my old and smaller turbo, I found I picked up around 5mph or more, as in boost time was so much higher. This would be exaggerated by the larger turbo.

I was much less involved in exact specs on this engine compared to my old one, where I would buy each part individually from what I had learned and my personal goals. On this engine I have goals and characteristics that I want from the engine, but I let Larry at endyn choose the setup.

My wants were

Around 135mph traps from gt3076r
    Low down torque for nice daily driving
    Wide power band that would be good for some circuit racing
    98 octane pump fuel

This is a street car, I will not need any mOre power on the street I suspect, but I would like to cruise at 100 kmh put the car in 4th and melt the tyres.

A big thing for me is getting back into boost after a shift. So the small turbo helps that.

Oh another reason for this frame size turbo is to retain my air con, which is a must for me. I may look at gtx3076r for35r type power and lag from the same frame size as my current turbo down the line.

Oh even though I'm expecting 430whp, I would like 380+ - 430hp from low 5000's to 9000 or so. Peak power should be 8500. so area under the curve should be massive= faster then higher hp cars
    Last edited by Scholzey; 17-05-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek honda civic hatch
    Oh I use boost by gear, so traction hasnt been a problem before, and head is a used gsr head with endyn Cnc ported head. The thing I'm excited about is the fact that tb ,intake mani, head, cams, fuel type, engine displacement, desired rev range, will all be properly matched, so I should be getting the most power I can get, and as efficient as I can get. You don't get that when you just buy parts you "think" should work.
    Last edited by Scholzey; 17-05-2011 at 07:38 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Scholzey View Post

I was much less involved in exact specs on this engine compared to my old one, where I would buy each part individually from what I had learned and my personal goals. On this engine I have goals and characteristics that I want from the engine, but I let Larry at endyn choose the setup.

My wants were

Around 135mph traps from gt3076r
    Low down torque for nice daily driving
    Wide power band that would be good for some circuit racing
    98 octane pump fuel
    looks awesome mate, i was wondering the other day when this was going to arrive.

the only way you're going to know if it'll run 135mph is to get it to the track and see if it will, pretty pointless asking on here as the best person to answer your question is your engine builder, and if you gave him those goals he obviousily thinks it will acheive them.

mine will run 131-132mph on bp ultimate but i really don't like to push mine as hard as you do on pump fuel.

like i've said to you before, forget about the pump gas and feed it some c16 and go for 145mph! lol

good luck and look forward to seeing it at the track soon.
    1993 dc2 integra 450kw@wheels
    10.08@146.57mph

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    froth at the mouth...

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    winner winner chicken dinner!
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    awsum awsum build man

Cant wait till a honda breaks into the 10sec street radial tire barrier
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek honda civic hatch
    Omg!

Took a week to clear customs. Fees are ridiculous!

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek honda civic hatch
    engine arrived at the car shop today!! i will drop my car off on friday, and hopefully by the end of next week it will be ready to take home!

here it is!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    omfg.....
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    Nice..i got to ask...
    Wat compression ratio did u go for???

Newcomer Array