Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Eg5 Civic Si

Water Leak In Cabbin....sigh

Hello ozhonda my cars been leaking water in to the cabin from driver passanger side under the dash.. and i took out the plenum cover where the wiper blades are and emptied a bottle of water didnt seem like it was blocked or anything, i used some silicone on the plenum cover where it meets the windscreen but after i washed my car there are still droplets of water just outside the ecu.. seems a bit dangerous my whole passanger floor is drenched in rainwater from last night.. any thoughts on how i might be able to fix this? thanks ozhonda

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Vti-r
    have you checked waters not running from the boot under the rear seats into the passenger side whilst driving up n down hills just a thought...

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I had this problem. Took off the black cover that goes over the bottom of the windscreen outside the car (just above the bonnet - some plastic clips) and pulled out a few handfuls of leaves so that the water drained properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg5 Civic Si
    i have taken the black cover off and its clean like literally nothing there.. but when i looked around the black cover the seals are really worn could that be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    I had this problem. Took off the black cover that goes over the bottom of the windscreen outside the car (just above the bonnet - some plastic clips) and pulled out a few handfuls of leaves so that the water drained properly.
    Yeah that was exactly the same as what I found with mine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg civic
    reviving an old thread.

having this problem. tried the above. Any other reasons as to why there is water in the cabin?

Btw have no carpets in the car. water seems to build on drivers side. only

Member Array
    Car:
    marios' kart
    Quote Originally Posted by EgFanatic View Post
    Hello ozhonda my cars been leaking water in to the cabin from driver passanger side under the dash.. and i took out the plenum cover where the wiper blades are and emptied a bottle of water didnt seem like it was blocked or anything, i used some silicone on the plenum cover where it meets the windscreen but after i washed my car there are still droplets of water just outside the ecu.. seems a bit dangerous my whole passanger floor is drenched in rainwater from last night.. any thoughts on how i might be able to fix this? thanks ozhonda
    Theres a recall on these i have the pdf, ill send it to ya if u want. Idk if urs has been done yet
    Bulliten no. 92-050
    i didnt choose the jdm life, jdm life chose me...

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg civic
    Please sent it. I would like to fix it asap

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    marios' kart
    Quote Originally Posted by ruzty_08 View Post
    Please sent it. I would like to fix it asap

Cheers
    Pm me ur email if anyone wants it, also myn was done by one of previous owners BUT wasnt done properly, it just caused a damp for myn and still leaked into the cabin so i blocked a fan (thingy)(underneath the black trim) between the engine and the cabin with some home diy blockage, pm me for more info, hasnt leaked since damn im good....
    i didnt choose the jdm life, jdm life chose me...

Member Array
    Car:
    SEX 24/7
    if you have done what others have said and still cant find the culprit, try the below.

have you checked if you have a leaking heater hose?

check the bypass valve near firewall and follow the hose towards incabin (behind the dash). if the hose is leaking then water will drip down.

good idea to also check your coolant & coolant reservoir - see if your loosing water/coolant.
    ------------------------------------------------
    EGK20A - CIVIC Sleeper stylez

Check if the heater hose is blocked by going under the car and blowing it out. Try make hard right turns and see if you can hear water running down.

I mean the hose which drains out the condensed water from the evaporator.