Reccomended replacement driveshafts for EK for trackwork.

yeah so busted my CV joint on the weekend and am looking to replace with new. should I just go with OEM replacements or re-build my current ones or go with an aftermarket option?

My budget is decent so if anyone can recommend anything that would be great.

Thanks guys

-Mike
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    personally, id go aftermarket, ones that are designed for more torque, an power, running oem is fine, but it will go bust again with more abuse on the track, u can get custom ones made up, that are much stronger, but it might be $$$$

This might help with ur findings, http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1403146

This is what i could find, http://www.gatorracingaxles.com/, http://www.driveshaftshop.com/
    as far as custom goes, or off the shelf, but there in the states so might be ages before u even get them, let along paying for em lol

SOme of the other track guys could help u out with local aftermarket drive shafts for b-series, its not common to snap axles as most b-series are street driven
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Hey, thanks for the info man Those Gator axles look really good but big dollars. Will keep looking into it.
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    and oh, make sure u say/write axles, i looked for drive shafts for hours, turns out u gotta type axles to get results LMAO
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Quote Originally Posted by DNYALL View Post
    yeah so busted my CV joint on the weekend and am looking to replace with new. should I just go with OEM replacements or re-build my current ones or go with an aftermarket option?

My budget is decent so if anyone can recommend anything that would be great.

Thanks guys

-Mike
    JDMYard has Hasports replacements if I'm not mistaken.

EGBAX $550 GST incl
    -Brand new Level 1 Axle set for use with B Series engines
    -95-95 EG Civic 96-00 EK Civic 94-01 DC2 Integra 94-97 DelSol
    -Hasport Axles are made from completely brand new parts and do not require a core like many other competitors do.
    -These axles are rated to handle up to 200 horsepower at the wheels.
    -Hasport also offers axles for higher horsepower applications please call for more information on these special order axles.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    byp axles.... holds 270kw atw track work no problem using clutch type LSD. :P

BYP axles on the way
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    How many Klms have your driveshafts done.From what I can gleen they may be the originals.If so they have done a brilliant job.I would be replacing them with the same if they were mine, already proved themselves.

they were actually rebuilt when I had the my ITB's tuned. So I have had them on the track about 4-5 times i think plus a fair few km's daily driving. See how the BYP supplied shafts go. They seemed to have a good run with them, and they had a lot more power than me. Should be right I reckon
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    driveshaft shop they make some very very nice axles for people with decent hp

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups