Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    04' Accord CL9

DC2R Headers reccomendations?

Hi, fellas

I recently bought a Spoon N1 axleback that fits my existing 2.5inch piping +Resonator + Hi FLO Cat.

So what would be the best suited Headers for my exhaust system i currently have?
    Also will changing the headers change the exhaust note?

Someone told me i should stay away from Toda headers cause i'll be annoying the neighborhood + cop attention.

Got a price for Pacemaker headers(stainless steel) +extractors +flexipipe for $650 but i don't know if they give much power.

My Budget is under 1k....

in conclusion, i am looking for a nice note and some noticable power increase.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    its not the toda header thats loud, its your spoon n1 exhaust. That catback is normally loud (but in a good way imo). Toda is one of the best headers on the market and yes changing your header will make your exhaust note louder and power increase. Since your only looking to spend about 1k, might want to check out j's racing/5zigen/buddyclub or just watch the for sale section for other 2nd headers. Not sure of the quality & power gains of Pacemaker headers; maybe someone that has them can give you their opinion.

i think exhaust pipe size and muffler that make it sound louder. I was running 4 to 1 header with 2.5 collector connect to stock exhaust and it sounds very quite like stock when i was doing my car blu slip
    Last edited by shepparton; 15-05-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    toda is the best!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by DTN View Post
    its not the toda header thats loud, its your spoon n1 exhaust. That catback is normally loud (but in a good way imo). Toda is one of the best headers on the market and yes changing your header will make your exhaust note louder and power increase. Since your only looking to spend about 1k, might want to check out j's racing/5zigen/buddyclub or just watch the for sale section for other 2nd headers. Not sure of the quality & power gains of Pacemaker headers; maybe someone that has them can give you their opinion.
    What he said ^^

Toda headers just increase the exhaust note, deeper sound, like any header well not the cheap ones.

If your really that concerned of your neighbours get a quiter catback like a mugen twin loop or RMA01, or just drive sensibly with Toda headers.

Good luck,
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Just get a set of RMF headers...i made 117kw with them on my VTiR motor along with Intake and Tune and overall 2.5" system. Dyno proven for the best increase in midrange, top end and overall performance over the other branded named headers. They are 4-1 design but actually act as a 4-2-1 design.....half the price of TODA or those other big named brands for maybe 2-3kw difference....dont fall for those gimmicky big brands, you are just wasting your money. RMFs also have amazing ground clearance and their design lets you keep your PS and A/C...check my build thread for pics.

As for your sound issue, just get your exhaust place to add another resonator on and try and get the biggest one practical, it will be significantly quieter but you need to remember you have a 2.5" exhaust which is going to make for a relatively loud system. Follow my advice and i guarantee you that you will get the most bang for your buck (with change left over from your 1K aswell)...if you dont believe me check my build thread.
    Last edited by infurNOS; 27-05-2011 at 03:44 PM.
    EG

clear your inbox DC2-PWR
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Toda... I have them on my car and have had no issues with the cops. Dyno proven excellent gains.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Just get a set of RMF headers...i made 117kw with them on my VTiR motor along with Intake and Tune and overall 2.5" system. Dyno proven for the best increase in midrange, top end and overall performance over the other branded named headers. They are 4-1 design but actually act as a 4-2-1 design.....half the price of TODA or those other big named brands for maybe 2-3kw difference....dont fall for those gimmicky big brands, you are just wasting your money. RMFs also have amazing ground clearance and their design lets you keep your PS and A/C...check my build thread for pics.

As for your sound issue, just get your exhaust place to add another resonator on and try and get the biggest one practical, it will be significantly quieter but you need to remember you have a 2.5" exhaust which is going to make for a relatively loud system. Follow my advice and i guarantee you that you will get the most bang for your buck (with change left over from your 1K aswell)...if you dont believe me check my build thread.
    hey bro,

how was the clearance of this header? what do you think of this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/B18-B...Q5fAccessories

sorry to hi-jack
    snapping 2nd..

I have heard good things about those headers aswell, but have no experience with them sorry.

Here is a pic of my clearance as soon as it was put on: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...z/IMG_0584.jpg

It doesnt even come down past the sump so no worry bottoming out (unless your going ridiculous speeds)
    EG

Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    hey bro,

how was the clearance of this header? what do you think of this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/B18-B...Q5fAccessories

sorry to hi-jack
    From my experience, Tri-y headers are one of the worst ground clearances.
    - Its not what you drive. Its what drives you.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Thanks infurnos for your help. Really tempted to buy these headers... My car is too low lol. Do you still have the rmf headers?
    snapping 2nd..