Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R

Spoon N1 Exhaust vibrating noise on low speeds and idle?

Hi guys I got my new Spoon N1 Exhaust installed on my DC2R..

The first week it was fine after 1 week i noticed the exhaust was makeing a vibrating sound on low speeds and idle like its hitting something?

anyone have a solution how to fix and what it could be hitting?

get a friend, put the car on stands, get your friend to rev the motor & you get under and listen.

most likely swaybar endlink or the swaybar itself. Jack it up take the wheel off and look for obvious rub marks on the piping. Also try putting the corner or entire rear on stands , and slowly jack up the rear right corner (with wheel off) to put the suspension thru its normal range of movement and see if there is any touching as you slowly jack it up.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    yeah how dumped are you ? Lowwer Arm or end links might be hitting it though I am very low and havnt had any trouble on my EG.. check the flange where it bolts to the B-pipe is connected securely also..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    standard height ill get it checked out

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda VTIR 99
    Mine was causing a vibration the other day I realised that muffler was real close to the heat shield under the car so i lowered it a little check your hangers and see if your n1 muffler is anywhere close to the bottom of the car you need about 0.5 inch clearance.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Thanks guys, it is the hangers vibrating against the metal ill sort it on the weekend!

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 Ek1
    Same thing happens to my spoon n1. Found out that its rattling against my replica rear lip. Just tightened the bolts on the lip and the sound is gone