Member Array
    Car:
    integbrah!

DC2 Short Shifter

hey guys i bought an unknown brand short shifter for my car about 4-5 months ago, still works good in neutral it sits about 180mm away from the top of the ciggi lighter and when in gear it sits roughly 150mm away, so i'm only shifting 30mm from neutral, personally i want it shorter what brand should i go for? i've been looking at B&M and skunk2 any other brands out there you guys recommend?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    buddyclub! make sure you get good shifter bushes
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    I had them (buddyclub) and its a waste of money. Makes the life way harder to shift gears, lots of more crunching, and had the feeling that have this bullshit item could cost me up lots of money.

So I bought DC2R shiftlinkage and shifter. which I believe is the best.

good luck
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    integbrah!
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    buddyclub! make sure you get good shifter bushes
    what's the shifting % difference between stock and buddyclub? or if you've got one and whenever you have the time to could you measure the distance for me

Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    I had them (buddyclub) and its a waste of money. Makes the life way harder to shift gears, lots of more crunching, and had the feeling that have this bullshit item could cost me up lots of money.

So I bought DC2R shiftlinkage and shifter. which I believe is the best.

good luck
    hmm.. my short shifter seems fine to me smooth shifting all the way even cold starts! and yeah i was thinking of dc2r linkages big difference? might get linkage and shorter short shifter ;p

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    ive had it for ages, but neva been installed coz i cbf lol if done properly it shouldnt be making life hard. ive heard it makes the throw very smooth and direct.
    the shifts are reduced by half on the vtir

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Energ...d=232381554167
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by lemmm View Post
    what's the shifting % difference between stock and buddyclub? or if you've got one and whenever you have the time to could you measure the distance for me

hmm.. my short shifter seems fine to me smooth shifting all the way even cold starts! and yeah i was thinking of dc2r linkages big difference? might get linkage and shorter short shifter ;p

Give it a shot and write up a review bro
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    integbrah!
    ive had it for ages, but neva been installed coz i cbf lol if done properly it shouldnt be making life hard. ive heard it makes the throw very smooth and direct.
    the shifts are reduced by half on the vtir

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Energ...d=232381554167
    hmm sounds good, i'll have a read about buddy club short shifters, just haven't heard much about it and what do these shift linkage bushings do? does it just smoothen out the shifting? mine's still very good but when i do upgrade my short shifter i should get some of these too ay?

Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    Give it a shot and write up a review bro

lol cbf writing up a review barely have anytime to myself! but is there a shifting difference with the dc2r shift linkages? is it shorter? smoother?

BTW: has anyone used/using B&M short shifters and or buddy club? i'm interested in them!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    it would help to have those bushings to make smoother gear changes. and like that you shouldnt really fuk up your synchros coz they are known to go when ppl get short shifters coz they slap gears to hard ect
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    it would help to have those bushings to make smoother gear changes. and like that you shouldnt really fuk up your synchros coz they are known to go when ppl get short shifters coz they slap gears to hard ect
    This boy knows it,

and yeah it makes gear changing easier, feels smoother
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    get a dc2r shift linkage (heavier) and also get a weighted gearknob around 400-550g. Awesome shift feel for sure lem haha

Best mod I ever did was going from a short shifter back to OEM.

Honda just don't make syncros as well as say, BMW
    I have signatures turned off

Member Array
    Car:
    integbrah!
    oooo sounds good order them now if i have money left in my debit account +1

Quote Originally Posted by mnc View Post
    get a dc2r shift linkage (heavier) and also get a weighted gearknob around 400-550g. Awesome shift feel for sure lem haha
    yeah sounds good should invest in a linkage, i've bought a pretty heavy gear knob as well from auto barn one of those drift ones -.-" but i got it cause it looked oem type r shifting feels good. got a spare linkage there with you mike? ;p

Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    Best mod I ever did was going from a short shifter back to OEM.

Honda just don't make syncros as well as say, BMW
    why go back to oem? your syncros fkin up cause of the short shifter?