Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R

Anyone running big wheels?

Went to put my new wheels on this mornin but thy wouldn't fit them because it would apparently defect the car. They are 17x7 with 215x45 tyres and they said I need 205x40, anyone running bigger wheels an have any problems with rubbing or anything? Might bolt them on myself..

EDIT:

because i am.
    Last edited by kyzz; 16-05-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    you wont get defected for rims, unless its its really big or wide that poke out the guards, as far as tires go, stick to a 205/40R17, as there are less chances of rubbing, a 215 size might rub when the car has a full load, but other wise, everything should fit easy

And save ur self money an bolt it on ur self
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    the legal limit is 2" larger than the stock allocation for that vehicle

the largest size wheel the EG/EK come stock with in australia is 15" - so 17" should be ok as long as u run the right tyres and the camber isnt too crazy

personally i wouldnt go larger than 16" because larger wheels slow the car down, make it harder to park/turn, and lower profile tyres make the ride rougher
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R
    It's okay ozzy tyes fit them, they look thuggin

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5s
    I'm running 17s with a 205/40zr17 they only scrub with a full car load like mungen_Ctr said. But I was defected cause i'f the width. But as the saint said it does slow your car down and that. That's why I'm trying to get rid of them. Cause I wanna run 15s

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5s
    I'm also running front and back camber kits to. Without the ones on the back I scrubbed a bit with only 2 passengers

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Pics bro! I kinda loved my old 17's in a way, but I went 15's for comfort/tyre price lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R
    Like I said, looks mean but I think I'll lower the front an inch or so, rears rub on tight corners but I think cambering will fix it

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    What's the offset, +35?

Roll the rear guards before resorting to camber, they can give you quite a bit more space when rolled (probably half a cm where it counts). They have crappy OEM angles.

Maybe it's just me but I hate rear camber when the front has less. Looks kinda silly IMO. You could stiffen the suspension? And yeah drop it a bit!

I dunno bout the laws in syd, but in melb you can't do more than 1" wider. If your civic's door plank says 14x5.5 or something, then the 7" width you're running isn't legal. Same with the tyres, can't be more than 205. Same with load rating, should be 86+ or something.

But fk it man, if you crash, just swap wheels back. Who cares if the insurance ask why the wheels are undamaged and the car is in a ball :P

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    When I first got my ek1, I was thinking of running 17's. I soon changed my mind from seeing a few in town and experiencing the ride of 17's in a 93 corolla. I think 15's look great lowered, 16's aren't bad either. Surely 16's are expensive on tyres though?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R
    17s are $120 a tyre, pretty steep so when these wear out ill get some 205x40s, offset is +40, got some better pics will psot soon