Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTIR

Exhaust Question

Hi All,

I am looking to get an exhaust for my civic vtir. I am after something relatively quiet ish. It currently has an xforce cannon and very loud and I am going deft in the car. Does anyone have any suggestions on some brands etc ?

I have heard that the Spoon N1 is not too loud. Also looking at Mugen twinloop as well. They are quite pricey so I was wondering if anyone else has any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Apparently x force twinloops are alright

Spoon N1 is not too loud *with silencer on*

FGK powergetter sounds hella sick imo.

ive got an axleback for sale if you're interested. it's not loud, sounds sick

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    OEM EK9, twin loop, Apexi SW2, fujitsubo..... anything with a big resonator or even two and a oval muffler thats atleast branded will do the trick, reason i say branded, cause the monza ones tend to have very cheap design that isnt designed to quieten it down, but merly for looks
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    ^^^ Yep pretty well spot on.

Are you wanting a full exhaust or just cat back?

If youre getting a full exhaust made up, get a 2.5" from the cat back, get a resonator after the cat, and then a nice big oval muffler at the back. Make sure they put a 2 bolt flange at the back, so you can swap mufflers if you want
    to see all of my build, checkout

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Get a pre-fab 60mm exhaust I reckon. As above, just make sure it has a good sized resonator and an oval muffler.