Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    lol by all means BuiEG! if you want to do an engine conversion then you can!

Just saying as a noob myself, dont let people convince you to do things you dont want to do

Just stick whatever your heart is telling you but hey you seem like your into your speed .. and you like turbo so torque .. hmm built b16 head with a b20 block

haha my mate who im friends on here .. but has a new account .. ANYWAY has a b20 eg civic .. and my God .. it hammers .. like holding on to dear freaking life .. maybe because he had the whole ITB set up too. he takes on stock rexys and stock turbo cars easily.

But again .. its all going to cost you MONEY. D B K H V8 whatevz its going to cost dosh

no worries man, people help me so why cant I?
    "HONDA = Hold On Not Done Accelerating."

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Hahaha TheSaint knows shi* so talk to him TRUST ME

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    To be honest man, u b lucky to even see 80kw atw (100kw at flywheel) with mods lol.... A turbo D16, using my mates one as example, made close to 100kw atw (so it be closer to 110-120kw at flywheel), only thing letting it down is the stock injectors, small cooler, stock exhaust, low boost, an thats it, other wise, he b hitting closer to 120kw easy, an with a b16, u b lucky to even hit that power with cams, headers an exhaust

Im running a Y8, with headers, cat back, custom cai airbox, an it does pull alot better topend, but over all, its still a simple shopping cart engine, u can fang all day long with out getting a speeding ticket
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by jaces13 View Post
    lol by all means BuiEG! if you want to do an engine conversion then you can!

Just saying as a noob myself, dont let people convince you to do things you dont want to do

Just stick whatever your heart is telling you but hey you seem like your into your speed .. and you like turbo so torque .. hmm built b16 head with a b20 block

haha my mate who im friends on here .. but has a new account .. ANYWAY has a b20 eg civic .. and my God .. it hammers .. like holding on to dear freaking life .. maybe because he had the whole ITB set up too. he takes on stock rexys and stock turbo cars easily.

But again .. its all going to cost you MONEY. D B K H V8 whatevz its going to cost dosh

no worries man, people help me so why cant I?
    Prbs shouldnt compare cars on the street, but compare them on the track

Let the lap times tell the story, not the ppl
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Oh of course!

just giving him a rough estimate im not bragging, sorry if it seemed that way

but yeah sounds like a good idea!

meh all motor d-series aren't the best platiform for speed but you can really reach the limits of it like what he said, without getting a speeding ticket!

haha i love accelerating to the speed limit

people with fast cars can never use the full potential of their car on the streets, unless they are over the speed limit by heaps!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    its still a simple shopping cart engine
    the D16y8 is pretty much the type-r engine for D-series lol

if you want a shopping cart engine try a stock d15b7 =/
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    the D16y8 is pretty much the type-r engine for D-series lol

if you want a shopping cart engine try a stock d15b7 =/
    it is? lol, well i never really looked at that way, to me, D-series is cheap motor, that can take a beating, but not for performance but more so for everyday use
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    im thinking about wacking on a jrsc to my d16 and its alrady turbo. mayb im fukd

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Id love to put a JRSC! maybe when i learn more about my engine since im doing a mild N/A build and obviously when i have funds

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i would prefer a JRSC D16y1/D16z6 or JRSC D16y8 over a B16a any day of the week =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    The problem with supercharger on a little D-16, is that it lacks the torque to pull the supercharger..... so much more to a supercharger than simpling slapping it on, put a belt on it and away u go lol

Bang for buck = Turbo
    Unique = JRSC kit

From what i hear on d-series, there not the best supercharger kits around, but for the money, its also the cheapest.... And it also doesnt make the most power compared to turbo kit, if i recall, one guy only pulled off 200hp with the JRSC kit
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I love the D-series. Such a darkhorse engine, much maligned. But you can have a lot of cheap fun with it, and when there's a will there's a way. The US guys go crazy with them in a way that Aussies never have.

Cam gear:

I was quoted $88 delivered for this in December. Might be less now with the dollar strength. Have heard great things about X3E Motorsports.
    http://x3emotorsports.com/cart/index...roducts_id=199