Engine temp wander after installing injen

Before installing my injen intake system my engine temperature stayed constantly just under half on the guage once the engine was warmed up.

Since installing my injen, my engine temp (as indicated on the guage) fluctuates between very close to C and the previous normal temp (just under half way) even when the car is most definitely warmed up. It particularly likes to drop close to C on the highway.

Is this something to worry about? What is going on? Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    jusst a guess, maybe you hit the sensor while installing intake. check that.

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    It is a Cold air intake when I had my old integra vti-r this happened however I never found any issues with it as-long as it wasn't raising near H then u will be fine mate!

If your worried just check the sensor as indicated above.

Cheers

There is always the possibility that coincidentally your thermostat died at the same time.
    I have signatures turned off

Cheers guys, any tips on where this sensor is?

Yeah that is possible I guess, would be quite the coincidence though.

Quote Originally Posted by rhys.l View Post
    Yeah that is possible I guess, would be quite the coincidence though.
    Indeed; but when you consider the fact that there are no coolant sensors which have any bearing on the cooling system at all, it might actually be the only explaination.

The feedback loop is entirely mechanical, in the thermostat. The sensors only report to the gauge and the ECU.
    I have signatures turned off

Yeah I hear you, thanks for the info.

Is it possible I upset the system by removing the pvc hard line and rejoining the two coolant lines near the intake with the connector supplied by Injen? With my limited knowledge I can't see how that would drastically change anything but I'll put it out there.