Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jazz engines only last 30000 km !

I have a 2007 Jazz VTI 1500cc built in Thailand, purchased new Oct 2007. After 38000 km I noticed a clunking coming from engine, sounded like a well worn diesel. Dealers refused to acknowledge the problem, had to get Honda Australia involved to verify, yes the motor was stuffed. Cylinder bores so badly worn had to put a new short motor in it. Now 30000 km later on new short motor the problem is back....good old piston slap !!! I've got my Jazz diesel back !
    Anybody else having these problems and what is causing it, dealer and Honda Australia "don't know" what is causing this problem.

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    My GE jazz is hitting 60k km's
    No problems at all.
    How often do you change your engine oil ?
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Car has been serviced by Honda dealer, oil changed 10000km with "Honda"oil.

does the problem starts with a clunking engine (knocking) sound from the bottom end?
    simple - I sell wheels clicly

lemon motor

every car manufacturer gets these unfortunately......

BTW my gf's jazz is close to 70,000kms and strong little motor.

Maybe one of the sensors are faulty ( but not causing an error) and causes your car to lean out / knock, hence why your motor keeps dying when it reaches a certain amount of kms?

*Shrugs*

Wink

@ dreams Yes, definite clunking from block region as distinct from whirring sound from camshaft at top of motor. Initially the noise comes and goes then its there all the time. When Honda dealer took motor out of car to fix the problem they found the cylinder bores so badly worn they could not re-bore and fit maximum oversize pistons available hence the need for brand new short motor. When I went to pick up the car after new motor fitted the dealer advised another Jazz owner came in with exact same problem. There is obviously a major problem with Thai built motors that Honda and motoring press are not talking about.
    @ bennjamin The second NEW MOTOR is showing the same problem. So Honda Australia have a supply of" lemons" just ready to install in my car?

Any proof the new motor isnt the old motor ? Check the engine number on your rego paper and the one on the engine.
    Did you notice any power loss etc ? Before and after ?
    Worn bores might be hard initial wear in - possible tune issue / wrong oil / lack of oil etc. Do you service it yourself ?

my jazz is on 49xxx, it has been heavily modified then unmodded, still runs like a dream :S

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    mines at 90,000+ (03 model) and works fine, amazing lil motor, if you've had ur engine changed once and the same thing is happening it might be something abt ur car causing the wear, or u have bad luck.

i never let mine take off unless the engine is warm 80% of engine wear is due to ppl driving/revving a cold engine rather then letting it idle to warmth.

I can tell you not on all Thai built ones, my one was a JAP built. i dont think mine was that severe. but it sure does have the clunking noise from the bottom end could be the initial problem, and this is proven as my other friend's in SA does have the same sound thats 3 in 4 cars ratio. tried to rectified it with Dealer, they say they "tried" and said nothing wrong with the car. This was coming from an engine that was serviced every 5000KM! I am now still skeptical lol why.

you guys who unaware, try to listen your engine while on idle, see if you engine sounds "fine" listen for sounds from the bottom not the injectors.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    hardly 3 in 4 u guys are like the only ones so far to of noticed so its more like 3/(OH jazz community)

anyway mine does sound a little loud i guess ill take a recording of the idle soon.
    u guys do the same...