Heat coming up from near pedals on drivers side in my DC2R

Hey, recently iv been feeling a lot of heat on ym legs as i drive, im not sure where its from but it usually happens after i floor it once or twice but it dosent stop even if i drive normally, also the carbon fibre around the gear stick gets warm. Does anyone know why this is happening or is it just because when i floor it and i need to give it a rest to cooldown?

turn the heater off
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Normal man, just turn the slider down to the cool side, even if its not on, the heat will still enter the cabin, so again, put the slider on cool
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Even if you're fan isn't on you'll get warm air with the air intake on 'cycle' rather than 're-circulate'. Put it onto re-circulate and turn the fan off, no worries.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    what dougie said.. push the button of the arrow that indicates that air will be circulating inside the cabin.

i like to have fan off but the hot air from the engine bay coming in and warming my feet only
    snapping 2nd..

the "cf shifter surround" will get hot because the gear shifter sits right ontop of the hi flo cat. which is normal, more so on a car that doesn't have much inbetween the cat and the gear shifter.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAKU View Post
    the "cf shifter surround" will get hot because the gear shifter sits right ontop of the hi flo cat. which is normal, more so on a car that doesn't have much inbetween the cat and the gear shifter.
    A heat shield would make a worlds difference
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

why would you put unnecessary objects/wieght on a type R
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i