Member Array
    Car:
    Teg

DC2R BC SPEC II - Opinions.

Alright, have been looking for a reinhard catback since I got my teg but theres little to none out there that haven't already been snapped up for b series civics and forum hunters. Go Spec II?

Looking for opinions.
    Will just be a bolt on with a HF cat of some sort with stock audm heads (yeah I know hell restrictive) until I can round up cash for a good header, followed by intake, probs s300. & Tune.. C'mon TAX!

Couple Q's

- Will I lose any power from the loss of back pressure since it's untuned?
    - What will have to be done to have flanges all meet up, I know jdm and audm header flanges are different.. so if i were to buy a cat that matches an audm header flange then buy a header (Toda for eg. with a jdm type flange) later on, that flange would be different, Making the HF cat I bought to suit audm cat not fit.
    - Would it be a better idea just to wait it out until I get heads cat and catback all suited.
    - Any general problems/draw backs to this exhaust.
    - Should I keep on going with the search for a Reinhard or just kick a Spec II

Not really interested in any cannon type exhausts.. love straights always have always will .

Stock audm '00 DC2R

Cheers.
    All Motor

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    Couple Q's

- Will I lose any power from the loss of back pressure since it's untuned?

No you won't, straight outta the box, buddy club spec 2 will produce more power, as long as the silencer is not used

- What will have to be done to have flanges all meet up, I know jdm and audm header flanges are different.. so if i were to buy a cat that matches an audm header flange then buy a header (Toda for eg. with a jdm type flange) later on, that flange would be different, Making the HF cat I bought to suit audm cat not fit.
    - Would it be a better idea just to wait it out until I get heads cat and catback all suited.

Just wait it out. No point doing things twice. JDM itr cat and most aftermarket JDM headers as a combo will bolt onto the catback. Anything missing in that combo will require cutting and welding.

- Any general problems/draw backs to this exhaust.

problems? You probably won't keep the exhaust for long enough to justify spending the money on it

- Should I keep on going with the search for a Reinhard or just kick a Spec II

Shouldn't really go with either. You'll get shafted by cops and EPA without a doubt. Hell I had this exhaust on at winton and even got told off. That's my advice. Take it or leave it.

Not really interested in any cannon type exhausts.. love straights always have always will .

Stock audm '00 DC2R

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Member Array
    Car:
    Teg
    Cheers for the reply man, yeah I'll wait. Also cars not my daily, but I get what your saying with cop attention and EPA, still doesn't really phase me, if I could I'd run decat with it . I'll keep that in mind though.. no rush to get an exhaust but definately interested and spec II's are an alright price new.
    All Motor

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Hey man i have a Buddy Club spec II exhaust on my type r , its basically gives the car a bit of a lumpy idle which sounds great , at around 3500 or 4000 rpm the exhaust note changes and at 5800 when vtec engages it goes even louder basically sounds amazing from in front but deafening from behind i recommend the silencer option which i have basically just a butterfly valve in the middle of the catback etc, even though i love loud cars it is a bit too much but i certainly recommend it if u dont mind noise .. easily an everyday exhaust aslong as you dont go over 4 grand and if you go over that with any exhaust it is going to be loud so just depends on the way you drive.. if you have any questions on the exhaust just pm or reply back and ill be more then happy to give u a heaps up and if i can send through pm a sound clip of what ittl sound like.

Member Array
    Car:
    Teg
    Quote Originally Posted by AK Type R View Post
    Hey man i have a Buddy Club spec II exhaust on my type r , its basically gives the car a bit of a lumpy idle which sounds great , at around 3500 or 4000 rpm the exhaust note changes and at 5800 when vtec engages it goes even louder basically sounds amazing from in front but deafening from behind i recommend the silencer option which i have basically just a butterfly valve in the middle of the catback etc, even though i love loud cars it is a bit too much but i certainly recommend it if u dont mind noise .. easily an everyday exhaust aslong as you dont go over 4 grand and if you go over that with any exhaust it is going to be loud so just depends on the way you drive.. if you have any questions on the exhaust just pm or reply back and ill be more then happy to give u a heaps up and if i can send through pm a sound clip of what ittl sound like.
    Cheers man, will do.
    All Motor