Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Have i burnt my clutch?

I was driving pretty fast today down a winding road and near the end when i went to down shift, my clutch pedal was really soft, i felt no pressure at all when i pushed it in it felt as though it was really loose and even if i just rested my foot on it, it would get pushed in. The gears were still going in normally and after i had left the car for about 2 hours and drove again it felt a bit better, wasnt as loose. Does anyone know what this means? I drive a DC2R btw. Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    okay..
    the loose clutch pedal thing im leaning towards low clutch fluid which could be caused due to a leak some where...
    so do this go check your clutch fluid resevoir make sure its full..
    if its low then check under your clutch pedal to see if there is fluid on the back wall behing the actual pedal..
    check that first...
    if there is then your master cylinder is leaking and you will need to get it rebuilt or the best option get a new one..
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Is there special honda fluids for it? or whats a good one to put in it?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Honda Brake fluid, Dot4, just go to a honda dealership, should be like 15 bucks for one bottle

If u burnt ur clutch u would smell, it, the clutch would slip, theres ways to test it if it is indeed burnt out if ur worried about it

Check ur fluid levels as well, that might be the case
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    From civic manual, it say use dot3 or dot 4 brake fluid. :O
    I though before that should use gearbox fluid for clutch.
    Thanks for this thread

ok, i just went and had a look, there is something leaking behind the clutch pedal, looks sticky lol, what do i have to get replaced and how much will it cost me? and whats the part called? my cars a 2000 Integra Type R, i went to a mechanic today, he told me it was the hydraulics of the clutch and would cost me somwhere between 200-600 to fix, but what do you guys think? and theres 2 black caps in the engine both saying brake fluid but cant see anything with cltch fluid do oyu guys know which one i should be putting the clutch fluid in? sorry im noob with this kind of stuff. Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Seems u busted the clutch master cylinder :/

u can diy it, just depends how confident u are at replacing parts

If ur not so confident, just leave it to a mechanic, it shouldnt take no more than 1-2 hours to replace, an hour max! if his not slacking off....... Just buy the part new, or get a refurbished one or even 2nd hand if ur on the cheap side and let him do the labor
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    I do not know about about cost but, if you follow the line from the gearbox you will find where to put fluid for clutch. The one that is attached to the black thing( brake booster is for brake) second one is for clutch

ok thanks, and the mechanic should have the CMC? or i have to buy it from somewhere else? Thanks heaps guys

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    he will not have the cmc, he should order it for you. check wrecker around or Honda dealer. do it yourself, save money get knowledge

ok, do you guys know how it happened? so i know for the future and also, how much would it cost me to get all ym fluids drained and replaced with OEM? anyone have an idea on price?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    usual wear an tear, thats one of the weak points in honda, the CMC, wasnt designed well enough

If u get a new one, it should last another 10 years, 2nd hand from wreckes, hit and miss, the problem might arise again, or might last for ages... and with refurbished, same as new if done correctly
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC