Newcomer Array
    Car:
    B16a2 EG2

Do i need a resanator on a del sol with xforce full exhaust

Gents,

I have purchased xforce 4 2 1 headers xforce high flow cat and xforce single barrel oval muffler for my del sol running b16a2

I dont want it too loud so that it is annoying to drive on a highway or attract too much attention. In saying that i dont want it to sound to stock.

il be running 2 1/4 piping and i dont know if i will need a resanator to keep it quiet. Do you guys think the muffler is enough or should i add a hot dog resanator into the mix?

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Tapatalk
    "I love the smell of vtec in the morning!"

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    Personal opinion.. I would put a resonator on it.. Just for the comfort of driving .. Even though you will have a twin loop I believe it would still be abit too loud without the resonator
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Member Array
    Car:
    HONDAAA
    Vtec all the way mate. No Resonator!
    Cool story bro

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    twinloops are very quiet, they sound stock

boring as fuk, dont put a resonator on it

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    xforce twinloops begin to drone after about 6months and get worse from there on
    i would definatly get at least one hot dog style resonator to keep the buzz and drone down
    it will sound alot less ricey with a resonator in there - but you will still have a nice deep tone

im a bit confused by the original post tho - do you have an oval barrel muffler or twinloop?
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    B16a2 EG2
    Sounds Like I will add 1 Resonator in if it makes a deeper softer sound, I will be installing the Single Oval Muffler not the twinloop.

Thanks for the Input
    "I love the smell of vtec in the morning!"

Member Array
    Car:
    smashed crx =]
    personally wouldnt bother...are you changing ur cat? might help with performance wise and if you dont want to much sound or want to loose power try for a smaller tip dont go throwing on a 3inch tip on a n/a honda its uncalled for and to loud

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    the tip on the end of the muffler doesnt effect the overall sound on an exhaust much

its more the quality (brand) and type of the muffler (twinloop, oval, or canon) and the resonator (none, one, hot dog or barrel) used and the materials (ie stainless or mild steel)

by the time the exhaust gasses get to the tip the sound is pretty much already produced - the size of that final bit of pipe really isnt going to change much

most mufflers have a tip on them that is at least 1" larger than the incoming pipe
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Yes u do need a resonator, dont be selfish, an put one on, nobody wants to hear u 2kms away, an if ppl wont tell u off, the police will with a letter of EPA.... either way think twice about not running a resonator, same deal with a decat pipe, or just running a straight pipe/ drain pipes

Go either for a big long resonator, or two smaller ones, either way, it will kill the drone one way or another
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC