Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9

Smile HID Decisions CL9 New Member :)

Hey guys,

This is my first post in this forum!

Recently purchased a white 2006 Honda Accord Euro (think it's the equivalent to a non lux here in NZ) and I am keen to install some HIDs.

Have read through nearly all of the HID threads and it seems to be either they are great or they are really bad... so am finding it hard to make a decision.

Here's what I'm thinking at the moment:

1) Generic HID vs. branded HID kit, again, opinions seem to be split on this. Thinking about these two sets:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PHILIPS-H...item1c15433a33
    or
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-377569228.htm

2) Experiences from people who have done HID conversions for non lux models. If pics are available that would be even better! This is what I really want to know.

3) What colour temperature you think is best? I'm thinking 4300k. Definitely want the HID look but vision and brightness are also important. 6000k is the highest I'd go because I wouldn't wanna loose anymore brightness.

4) HID kits vs Philips Crystal Vision (or similar) vs stock halogens (i.e. would I actually be worse off than the standard halogens in terms of brightness/vision?)

Any thoughts would be appreciated, especially from people who have converted

Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9
    dont even think about paying over 1k for HID's. haha i think rough price is about 70-80 for the kit. i think 4300k is the standard on the Euro's so go for 6000k looks heaps better. i personally havent it done it to mine but mates with other cars have and it looks awesome. check this.. you can probably get it shipped to NZ. http://firesport.com.au/ultra-slim-h...--ad184732.htm

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Whoops didn't highlight the end of the link,

The link is actually http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PHILIPS-H...ht_6934wt_1139 and they are $141.19 instead of over 1k lol.

Had a look at your link and they look good! Do you know if they are good quality?

Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9
    i was going to say..haha what a rip!
    yeah i'd say so. im pretty sure they're the one's my mates have gotten and so far had them in for about 5months and no problems.
    I'd say they're your best option gives you great options and a lot for your money.
    hook us up with trade rating if you like!
    cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Thanks, I will post a review if i get them

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    I've got HID's in my car they work ok I guess I paid 80 dollars for mine quite an easy install except there is a headlight dust/moisture cover on the back of the light you will need to either remove or drill a hole in it to fit the cables through. To be honest with all the trouble i regret doing because from what ive heard phillips globes are really good and work perfectly fine.

I find in fog due to them being so bright they reflect alot more then normal globes. (I don't have fog lights)

But if your interested in them go for it there still a good light.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Ah thanks, exactly what I wanted to know! (people's experiences)

Because you drilled a whole (or left the cover off) has any moisture or dust built up in your headlight?

From what you have said I am seriously thinking about the Philips globes now as they are cheaper (on eBay) and way easier to install.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevl View Post
    Because you drilled a whole (or left the cover off) has any moisture or dust built up in your headlight?
    No more than usual. Drivers side nearly unroadworthy. Other side perfectly fine.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    No more than usual. Drivers side nearly unroadworthy. Other side perfectly fine.
    Oh k thanks. Why is the drivers side nearly unroadworthy?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevl View Post
    Oh k thanks. Why is the drivers side nearly unroadworthy?
    From what i've heard it is a common problem with the accord euro drivers side headlight fogs up and gets crap inside it.

Im taking mine back soon and hope it gets replaced. But have to rip out my hid's and ensure its ok

The Philips kit is fake.
    Pair of Genuine Philips D2C bulbs cost around $150 and this whole kit is $150 including shipping?
    I dont' even think a Genuine philips kit that looks like that is produced anymore..
    I'll do more research, so should you

Doesn't putting aftermarket HID's into your car make it unworthy anyway ;p.