Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 S2000

Will Enkei PF01's fit on my s2000?

Hey all.

After many months of looking at Various wheels I have finally found a set that I actually like and want, Enkei PF01's. I want them in either 17s or 18s, preferably 18s.

The yare available on ebay at the moment in the following sizes:

Front: 18x8 with +45 offset
    Rear: 18x8.5 with +48 offset

and the 17s are available in:

Front: 17x7.5 with +45 offset
    Rear: 17x8 with +50 offset

Offsets confuse me and I don't know a great deal about them. Will they fit though? If so, what size would I be better off with?
    My fenders are already rolled if that means anything.
    My car is stock height at the moment, however I plan on eventually lowering it just enough to seal the gap between the fenders and tyres (if that is going to effect anything).

both combinations will fit pretty good with your s2000. of course the 18's would look a bit better as they would stick out a tad bit more then the 17's.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai5552 View Post
    both combinations will fit pretty good with your s2000. of course the 18's would look a bit better as they would stick out a tad bit more then the 17's.
    Thanks.

I'm a little worried about the wheels sticking out past the fenders, will this happen?
    Also, do you know what lowering the car will do to the fitment? Will this fitment hurt the cars handling at all? Performance is important to me.

Sorry I have a lot of questions. I just want to make sure this is going to work out before I buy the wheels.

nah, it won't stick out pass the fenders on those specs.
    And with lowering, it really depends on how much you lower it. If you dump it, you can say good bye to your performance.
    However, lowering below the stock height is also beneficial, but it also depends on your set of coilovers, control arms, camber arms and all these other random supports you have down there haha.
    And in regards to the fitment, it won't really do anything since your guards are rolled and the offset is quite "high".
    I'll be running 9" width all round on +45, it only needs a roll, and a bit of camber (mainly for cornering)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai5552 View Post
    nah, it won't stick out pass the fenders on those specs.
    And with lowering, it really depends on how much you lower it. If you dump it, you can say good bye to your performance.
    However, lowering below the stock height is also beneficial, but it also depends on your set of coilovers, control arms, camber arms and all these other random supports you have down there haha.
    And in regards to the fitment, it won't really do anything since your guards are rolled and the offset is quite "high".
    I'll be running 9" width all round on +45, it only needs a roll, and a bit of camber (mainly for cornering)
    Oh, I don't want to dump it, I only want to lower it a little over an inch, just to minimise the gap between the fenders and the tyres and also to improve handling and stability through corners.
    So they will look good and keep performance good? Cool, thanks for you help!
    Last edited by Steve695; 22-05-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Yeah! it will be fine
    you can lower it to have maybe 1 or 2 finger gap and still have good performance. Make sure you get a wheel allignment done though!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Sweet as, yeah that's plenty low enough for me. Yeah of course lol :P

Thanks again

Member Array
    Compared to stock 16inch wheels, the you wheels will stick out the following amounts:
    (Stock Front 16x6.5 +55, Stock Rear:16x7.5 +65)

Front: 18x8 with +45 offset
    Inner Clearance: 9mm Less
    Outer Position: EXTEND an extra 29mm
    Rear: 18x8.5 with +48 offset
    Inner Clearance: 4mm MORE
    Outer Position: EXTEND an extra 30mm

Front: 17x7.5 with +45 offset
    Inner Clearance: 3mm Less
    Outer Position: EXTEND an extra 23mm
    Rear: 17x8 with +50 offset
    Inner Clearance: 9mm MORE
    Outer Position: EXTEND an extra 21mm

you can use the offset calculator to get an idea for other rim sizes:
    http://www.1010tires.com/wheeloffsetcalculator.asp

with rolled fenders, those sizes should clear (depending on tyre size and amount of camber of course).

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    yes those sizes will fit easily you could even go fatter
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Thank-you for this, very handy!

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve695 View Post
    Oh, I don't want to dump it, I only want to lower it a little over an inch, just to minimise the gap between the fenders and the tyres and also to improve handling and stability through corners.
    Ride height doesn't improve handling and stability, its your dampeners and spring rate setup along with alignment that does.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    For what its worth, You should go for 9.0 all the way round. Will look heaps tough.

I have 17X8 +45 Front, 17X9 +45 Rear. Regret that I kept the stagger fitment. My guards are rolled, and rears are cambered - car is lowered.