Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Yeah that all makes sense, nice. I think i will go with staggered.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    Bloody understeer.

I recently fitted 265 Star Specs at the rear and have my old 225 RE760 Sport up front, and it feels like I'm driving a FWD car. Was plowing all through the great ocean road on Sunday in the wet.

What's the widest tyre you can fit onto an 8" rim? I'm toying with the idea of 245 up front (+55 offset), think I'd need a fender flare too given I'm 1" lowered?

PS, OP sorry about the hijack!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    ^ Fender flare just in case, but 245 with +55 offset and 1" drop should fit snug.

Although you can, I wouldn't go more than 245 with an 8" rim. Yeh, 225 RE760 front vs 265 Z1 SS rear will give you understeer for sure! Again, it's about balance.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by euromandeluxe View Post
    Bloody understeer.

I recently fitted 265 Star Specs at the rear and have my old 225 RE760 Sport up front, and it feels like I'm driving a FWD car. Was plowing all through the great ocean road on Sunday in the wet.

What's the widest tyre you can fit onto an 8" rim? I'm toying with the idea of 245 up front (+55 offset), think I'd need a fender flare too given I'm 1" lowered?

No worries, Great Ocean Road is amazing in s2000. In the summer I went every weekend, some times both days lol :P

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by euromandeluxe View Post
    Bloody understeer.

Not so much the size of the tyre but the type of tyre as well, UHP on the rear and your regular POS on the front 100% unda unda undaaa

You prob don't need a flare but 100% you need to roll it just in case, you ALWAYS need to roll your front guards if you are lowing your car even on stock wheels.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    ^ regular POS LOL

Mike, Vyets, thanks for the input. Definitely need star specs up front.