Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra

Clogged integra splutter - help

Hey,

lately my car lags on low rpms. I'm not sure how to exactly identify what the problem is, but I've narrowed down to 2 things that maybe needs attention.

Timming - How can I tell, is there only a power loss on the lower RPM? How about higher RPMs? What I experiance, lower RPMs and car bogs, for example - its like a mini vtec going on and off at lower RPMS.

4-1 Headers - Not sure if these are the problem, but would 4-1 headers actually make the car bog?

I've just recently did a major service on the car, changing fuel filter, timming belt, spark plugs etc.

Please help out.
    Last edited by DC2-PWR; 20-04-2011 at 11:35 PM.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    I had a similar problem where my car just started bogging down in low rpms out of nowhere straight after a service, turns out the spark plugs I was using were unsuitable - switched to Iridiums from JDMyard and it was back to it's good old self.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Geeang what do you mean by unsuitable? Did you use b18c2 plugs on your b18cr or something?

Or do you mean unsuitable as in life of it was over?
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    i find that its a common problem on most b18c2's car struggles and boggs at low rpm below 2.5-3k

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-sluggish-Help
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ittle-backfire

some of these should help

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Unsuitable as in the heat rating and gapping wasn't right, I was assured they were for B18C but when I changed plugs it solved all lag/bogging problems instantly.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    B18C2 Uses NGK BKR6E-N-11 plugs, should pick some up from supercheap and see how she goes. also check your ignition timing, if it's advanced or out in any way it can affect your powerband. got a timing light bro?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    nsx
    would also suggest some Denso IK20s. awesome plugs

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    thanks guys, thanks tim for the part number. will look into it tonight

getting cars timming sorted out tommorow morning so i'll update on how it goes
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    101 motorsport checked my timming and they said it was spot on, they told me to change leads and check fuel filter.
    So,

When I take the fuel filter out and blow out from one side of the filter, my hand was covered with sand and fuel was dirty.

Like you can see the outer edges have sand and in the middle fuel is dirty.

When I changed fuel filter I took the car for a strap, it felt so much better, no splutter and no power lag the car just pulls.

Questions
    Do I need to clean my fuel tank? Knowing that the fuel filter was bogged badly

Is it a better idea to clean injectors, or buy a new aftermarket one? I've read some injectors make car run too rich.

What else do I clean? I know theres a lot of filth and much be blocking something else too.

Thanks all
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    What you need is a 2nd hand fuel tank. Your fuel tank will have rust particles which was caused by moisture. You then need a new fuel pump as this would be corroded as well. As you have put a new fuel filter, this would only filter for a while until it gets clogged again. You would also need new RC 240cc injectors as well if the rust particles have travelled through the fuel filter n blocked ur injectors. Before you put this all in, you need to air gun the fuel lines so there is no excess rust particles n there. This happened to me n I did all the above.

You can check if you unbolt a bolt under you fuel tank on almost empty. If it comes out fuel with orange rust, then I would recommend to perform the above.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    bump. hows the car going dc2-pwr ? my car has been doing this lately. i hate itttt

was it injectors?
    Last edited by dc2r-0636; 24-05-2011 at 10:20 PM.
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    bump. hows the car going dc2-pwr ? my car has been doing this lately. i hate itttt

was it injectors?
    What up bro,

yeah they're the injectors. I've already cleaned like 2 of them but I cbf DIY'ing it. Need to give it to a pro.

But man a lot of dirt came out of the injectors. I'd say it was like 80% blocked.

Theres only a few bolts holding the injector rail, just take it out and give injectors to some pro it should be like $100 max

good luck
    teamGROUNDzero