Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S

K20A conversion for DC5S

Hey,

I've recently had some beef with my insurance company. They screwed up with a hydrolock repair and have now agreed to settle with a payout. Whats going to happen now is, I have the option of buying my car back at its salvage price of around 8k. All I have to do is whack in a K20A and then I'm off.

The cars fine, I only ran into a puddle so all the wiring should be in good nick. Was just wondering if the JDM k20A would be a direct fit and also, would I need a new ECU or would my current ECU work with it? Also, would it be worth the effort and time to do that or should I just buy a different car? I loved my car to bits and am not ready to part it just yet and it would save me heaps of money too haha

thanks
    Last edited by FDCivic; 23-05-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ah huhhh
    By the looks of your post, looks like you still love your car, and yea you should be able to get it back and running even faster with money to spare i hope? :P

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    I'd have a lot to spare but Looking at the prices of evo 8's on carsales have got me contemplating haha

there is a EP3 K20a on this site - username b16a2 I think - about $3k just chuck that in and sell the car for profit IMO.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    You'll need to reuse your TYPE S engine loom. Other then that everything should plug in and run on the stock ECU fine.

I remember that Kpro for my type R wouldn't fit the type s, so I would have thought you would of needed a different ecu :S

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    That's due to your wiring loom.