Exclamation DC5R idle problem?

iv had my car sitting in my garage for a couple months now due to loss of licence, i had been starting it every few days for 10 minutes or so, then one day i went to start it it didnt start properly, revs were very low ( probably around 400 - 500rpm) and when i revved the motor it would stall.

that problem seemed to fix on its own after i started it a few hours later, but then a few weeks later i started it again and after a minute or so it started revving on its own from 1500 - 2500 ( around there ) every couple of seconds. it still drives properly but it wont stop this revving problem. any ideas on what this could be?
    thanks

Member Array
    it's likely due to your idle air control valve (iacv) being dirty. you can replace the part or just pull it out and clean it yourself. the iacv is attached to the bottom of your throttle body.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    When i was in my 6 month suspension... I turned it on j warmed it up every weekend.. A lil drive for a coiple minutes.. Imo u dont just turn it on, u actually havee to drive it. Let the gears get a bit lubed up etc. Im heading into another three months off after next weekend. How much longer do u have?

i got disqualified on 5th of april 2011 for 12 months, i only had my p's for 4 months

Quote Originally Posted by BLV-27J View Post
    i got disqualified on 5th of april 2011 for 12 months, i only had my p's for 4 months
    ahhh wtf? how did that happen lol?

got it suspended for 3 months for speeding at the beginning of the year and got done speeding again a month later while suspended

Member Array
    just found this diy for cleaning the iacv: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=288936

Quote Originally Posted by timtam View Post
    just found this diy for cleaning the iacv: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=288936
    thanks man iv been looking for one on integras for fkn ages!

Member Array
    No probs. It's an annoying problem to have especially when you are in the middle of traffic or at the lights. Everyone just thinks you want to drag them.